Monday, July 21, 2014

AEI♥U Challenge #11 – One Word!

Hello and welcome to my first card post! This post features a card I made for the AEI♥U Challenge using the Petals and Stems stamp and coordinating die set.

 photo Challenge11_thumb2.png



I started off by stamping the flowers and leaves onto Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock. For the flowers, I used SSS Cotton CandyHero Arts Soft Vanilla and Hero Arts Fresh Peach dye inks. And for the leaves, I used SSS Green Apple and SSS Mint dye inks. I used the coordinating dies to cut them all out; however, I did have to fussy-cut the skinny leaves out by hand, which wasn't too bad.

For the sentiment, I used the "congratulations" sentiment included in the Petals and Stems stamp set. I stamped the sentiment using  Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts White Embossing Powder onto a pattern paper included in the Pink Paislee Hello Sunshine 6x6 paper. I die cut the pattern paper using a Spellbinders Label 8 die. I thought the combination of the white heat-embossed sentiment on the dark pattern paper gave it a vintage chalkboard feel. Too further add to the chalkboard look, I dabbed some Colorbox Frost White Pigment Ink with a piece of paper towel.

For the background, I used a gorgeous teal-ish polka dot pattern paper from the same 6x6 pack and a small strip of pattern paper from the Fancy Pants Happy-Go-Lucky! 6x6 pack. To add a little extra interest, I also die cut a thin strip of Bazzill Butter Mints cardstock using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Border Die. I used Antique Linen to distress all of of the edges and adhered all of the layers onto an A2 cardbase using SSS White 120# cardstock.

This card was relatively easy to make and I absolutely love how simple and elegant it came out! Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you soon! ♥





8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the chalkboard effect! Thanks for joining us at Avery Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! I love the florals with the chalkboard panel. Thank you for playing along with the Avery Elle Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can speak for all of us and say that we're so very glad that you joined in on the blogging wagon! I simply adore your style! I very much appreciate your constant bloggie love and inspiration too♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much! I always enjoy your sweet comments and all of your fun and inspiring posts!

      Delete