Monday, July 28, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge: Watercoloring with Distress Inks

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! To start off the week, I made a fun a watercolor card using Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.


 photo Challenge86.jpg

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

I started off by die cutting a sheet of Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock using the stitched rectangle die from Mama Elephant. Once I prepped my cardstock, I stamped the images from the Lawn Fawn "Critters from the Past" stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I find heat embossing the stamped images when watercoloring really helps with staying in the lines, especially when you have so many overlapping images. I thought the little star included in the Lawn Fawn "I Love You S'More" stamp set was perfect for my night sky.

I watercolored the entire card using Distress Inks. I simply "smooshed" my distress ink pads onto my non-stick craft sheet and used a little water and a paint brush. The wonderful thing about working with Distress Inks is that they're so easy to blend and even once they dry, you can continue to apply layers of color. For the night sky, I had to apply several layers of colors to achieve the gradient sunset look. Once I had finished all of the watercoloring, I stamped the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn "Hello Baby" stamp set and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I finished off the card by mounting my panel onto a cardbase I made using the scalloped rectangle die from Mama Elephant. 




This card was so much fun to make and it definitely put my Distress Inks to good use! I hope you enjoyed this card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Update:
This entry was selected as a Top Mow-It-All over at the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog!

 photo TopMowitAll_2013.jpg



Supplies:
Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone, Wild Honey, Aged Mahogany, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Seedless Preserves, Faded Jeans.

14 comments:

  1. your watercoloring is fabulous on this!! thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, Yukari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Yukari!! The background that you created is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the background and your dinos are super cute too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuki, Yuki, Yuke. This is so fun! The background sky and the dinos are amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the vibrant background!

    ReplyDelete