Friday, July 25, 2014

Mama Elephant Challenge: "It's a good day to be happy"


Happy Friday! I hope everyone has fun plans for this weekend! The weather has been beautiful down here in Southern California and I'm really looking forward to getting some extra sunshine at the beach this weekend. To celebrate the end of the week, I made a CAS card for the first card challenge on the Mama Elephant and Me blog.

I recently purchased the Mama Elephant "Pandamonium" stamp set and I've just been dying to use it, it's just so adorable!

 photo July2014.png


 To start the card off, I stamped the panda and cute little lanterns onto some Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored in the lanterns using Copic Markers that I thought matched the inspiration photo. Since I haven't gotten the coordinating dies yet, I fussy-cut all of the images and then went over all of the edges with a black brush-tip marker.


When working with itty-bitty little pieces, I like to store them all in a small ceramic bowl. This prevents me from losing anything. Which if you're anything like me, happens quite often. In fact, while making this card, I went into full-blown panic mode when I thought I lost one of the tiny clear stamps. Only to realize it was stuck to my forearm the entire time 
(-__-"). But anyways, I digress...


After prepping all of the stamped images, I began working on the card base. I lined the bottom of the card with green polka-dot washi tape I had purchased from Target many many moons ago. In order to give the lanterns something to hang off from, I hand drew some curved lines. I then stamped the "It's a good day to be happy" sentiment from the Mama Elephant "Up and Away" stamp set using VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink and heat embossed the sentiment using clear embossing powder. To add a little extra interest to the sentiment, I heat embossed the asterisk symbol from the Mama Elephant "Sketchy Letters" stamp set with gold embossing powder. I adhered all of my stamped images using foam squares and finished off the card by applying some Clear Wink of Stella glitter onto the lanterns.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and hope to see you soon! ♥


Supplies:
Copic Markers: B000, B00, B04, W2, W4, E42, YR12, YR14, YR16

6 comments:

  1. Love your card!! It's so fun and the pandas look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love love love! Love the panda and the lanterns. It IS a good day to be happy! So glad you played along with the Mama Elephant & Me challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, your cas design is perfect! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete