Tuesday, August 19, 2014

CAS Floral Wreath Window Cards featuring Mama Elephant

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Today I bring you not one, but two cards featuring the Mama Elephant "Bloosmies" stamp set. Both of today's cards were a homework assignment for the Stretch your Stamps 2 online card class. I still can't believe this class has come to an end. It's been an inspiring and amazing two weeks and I will surely miss it! If you haven't already joined, don't worry! You can always join the class at any time.

 photo SYS2.png
Both of today's cards were inspired by the very talented Julie Ebersole. I absolutely love her CAS style and the great tips she always gives during her videos.

For the first card, I started off with a white cardbase. To make my own background, I used a ruler and the chisel tip of my W2 Copic Marker to draw some vertical lines. This is so quick and easy when you use a ruler and your grid mat to align the lines. I then die cut a circle out of the front of the card.

Now that I had prepped my cardbase, I die cut a bunch of the floral images from the Mama Elephant "Bloomsies" set. I find die cutting these itty-bitty little images first and then stamping onto them is so much easier than trying to do the reverse. I stamped the little flowers in Mama Elephant "Blush" pigment ink and Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" dye ink and the little stems using Hero Arts "Mint Julep" dye ink. I adhered all of the die cut pieces directly onto my cardbase using my ZIG 2-way glue pen. 

For the sentiment, I stamped the banner and sentiment in Hero Arts "Soft Granite" dye ink. I used my W0 Copic Marker to add some subtle shading to the banner. Although this particular ink is not meant to be used with Copic Markers, I found that I was ok as long as I avoided going over the lines. To finish the card, I used my We R Memory Keepers 1/2" corner chomper to round the bottom two corners.



For the second card, I stamped the floral images from the same stamp set directly onto the cardbase. I used the Mama Elephant pigment inks to randomly stamp the little floral images. Once my wreath was complete, I used my craft knife to cut into the center of the wreath. This allowed me to use my scissors to cut into the center of the wreath and fussy cut around the flowers. I finished the card by stamped a sentiment from the Avery Elle "Petals and Stems" stamp set. 


And there you go, two CAS floral wreath window cards! Both cards feature the same stamp set and similar technique, however by just changing a few little things, I ended up with two completely different cards!

I would love to see what you've created from the online card class! Just leave a comment below with a link to your blog. Thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Mama Elephant Pigment Inks: Blush, Lollipop, Orangeade, Mojito, Winter, Eggplant.
Copic Markers: W0, W2

5 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are both so lovely! I adore how you stamped the wreath with all the tiny pieces! Beautiful work! I just got this stamp set too and your cards have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are awesome! I love how you made your own striped background on the first card. The soft colors are so pretty. The cutting on the second card is perfect. It's a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these - especially the bright colors on the 2nd. So creative!

    ReplyDelete