Friday, August 29, 2014

"Dream" Birthday Card featuring Newton's Nook

I'm so happy it's Friday! I've been looking forward to this 3-day weekend and I hope everyone has some fun Labor Day plans this weekend!


For today's card, I made a birthday card for one of my dear friends. The word "dream" has always been one of her favorite words and she's also a big cat lover. So when I saw the new Newton's Nook "Newton's Day Dream" set, I immediately thought of her. 

I started off by cutting a piece of white cardstock to about 3" x 2 1/2" and stamped the main image from this set using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored Newton using my Copic Markers: T3, T5 and R20. For the grass, I used G41 and G45. I used R81 and R85 for the flowers and Y32 for the center of the flowers. I then used a really light blue, B000, to add a subtle outline around my colored image. I then matted the panel onto some textured yellow cardstock. 


I cut a pretty teal polka-dot banner strip from the Pink Paislee "Hello Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack. I also used a pretty flower pattern from the same 6x6 pack. I adhered both layers directly onto my Kraft cardbase and adhered the focal panel using foam squares. For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment and little bee onto the speech bubble included in the same set. I colored the bee using Y11 and Y32 and then I fussy cut the entire speech bubble. I adhered the speech bubble onto the focal panel using some more foam squares. To finish the card, I applied some clear Wink of Stella glitter onto the little bee and flowers. 

I hope you liked this sweet and simple card! And if you haven't already done so, be sure to swing by Newton's Nook to take advantage of their summer sale! Hope you guys have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend, until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: T3, T5, G41, G45, R20, R81, R85, B000, Y32, Y11, Y13

6 comments:

  1. this little kitty is adorable!! i love how your colored it, and put together this card! so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly sweet! I love the background papers, and Newton looks so peaceful!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Great job on the coloring - black is always hard to color, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥! I agree..black is a tricky color!

      Delete