Friday, August 8, 2014

Lawn Fawn Baby Shower Card and Gift Tag

Hello my crafty friends! Two of my dear friends are having a baby and their baby shower is this weekend. And of course you know what this mean, time to get craftin'!

I don't make baby cards too often, so it's always a treat to put some of my baby stamps to good use. For today's post, I'm sharing a baby shower card and gift tag.



Since my friend isn't too much of a "girly-girl," I decided to keep it relatively clean and simple with just a touch of girliness. I thought the "Hello Baby" stamp set by Lawn Fawn would be perfect. I colored the cute little bunny and umbrella using Copic Markers and die cut both images with the coordinating dies. I also die cut a cloud out of white cardstock. 

For the background, I used Tumbled Glass to make a soft blue sky. I thought it would look so cute to have the cloud raining hearts over the little bunny. I stamped the straight rain drops and hearts in Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue ink. To make the sentiment standout from the background, I mounted it onto a strip of pattern paper from the "Hello Sunshine" collection. I then layered my panel onto two layers of pattern paper from the "Hello Sunshine" and "Let's Polka" collection. To finish off the card and add a little extra pizzazz, I added some clear Wink of Stella glitter to the cloud, raindrops and umbrella. And I topped it all off with a thick coating of glossy accents to the cute little umbrella.



For the gift tag, I used the "Tag, You're It" die set and coordinating birthday tag stamp set. I stamped the tag outline onto vellum and using Milo's ABCs, I stamped our names. I also decided to stamp the little heart in the lower right-hand corner and adhere the little rattle from the "Hello Baby" set. I mounted my vellum tag onto another tag I had die cut from the "Let's Polka" paper pad. And using my Zig 2-way glue pen, I carefully concealed my adhesive behind the white heat embossing. And voila, a cute CAS gift tag!



Thanks again for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you soon! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: W0, W02, R01, R20, R22, R81, R85, Y11, Y13

3 comments:

  1. this little set is so sweet! and i really love your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind words ♥! So happy to hear you're enjoying my blog :)!

      Delete
  2. I really love this one !!, Very very very cute :)
    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete