Monday, August 11, 2014

Lawn Fawn "Hello Little Prince" Baby Card

I can't believe it's already Monday, it feels like the weekend flew by! I know I just talked about how I don't get to make baby cards too often, but I seem to have jinxed myself because I have yet another baby card today lol! This upcoming weekend I'll be attending a baby baptism and I thought it would be so cute to use the little froggy from the Lawn Fawn "Hello Baby" stamp set. Unlike last week's baby card, this one is much more masculine and is perfect for any little baby boy.



I started off by die cutting my focal point using a Sizzix circle die. I stamped the little frog with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him in with Copic Markers. I added little white dots to the frog using my Saukra white gel pen and added some glitter to the crown using my clear Wink of Stella pen.  I created a mask out of a post-it note and covered up the frog. I stamped the lily pad using Hero Arts Forever Green dye ink and masked that as well. I used a larger post-it note to mask the horizon and used Tumbled Glass for the sky and Broken China for the water. To finish my scene, I stamped the cattails with Colorbox Chestnut Roan and the little leaves with the same green ink as the lily pad. I used Archival Jet Black ink to stamp the sentiment.


To assemble the card, I die cut a larger circle out of yellow/gold cardstock to act as a border for my focal point. I also cut a thin strip and a 4" x 5 1/4" panel from the same cardstock. I used pattern paper from the Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 pad. I thought this paper pad coordinated perfectly with the rest of the card and really tied all of the colors together just perfectly!

I really love how this card came out. It's still cute, but masculine for a baby boy. I hope you like this card and if you haven't already picked up the "Hello Baby" stamp set, I highly recommend you do! Even if you don't make baby cards too often, it's an extremely versatile stamp set with wonderful sentiments and images. 

Thanks again for swinging by and until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass & Broken China
Copic Markers: Y11, Y13, Y19, YG13, YG17

No comments:

Post a Comment