Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #88: Texture - Dry Embossing & Sequins Backdrop

Hi folks! Today's post features my card entry to the latest Lawnscaping Challenge. This was such a fun card to make and I really enjoyed trying out some new techniques! Remember the challenge ends tomorrow, so be sure to swing by to play along!

 photo Challenge88.jpg

This card features the Lawn Fawn "Blue Skies" stamp set and coordinating dies. I die cut the clouds from a piece of cardstock I had previously die cut using the stitched rectangle die from the Mama Elephant "Femme Frames" set. Underneath the clouds, I stamped the sentiment from the "Up and Away" stamp set. 

Once my focal panel was prepped, I used a smaller piece of scrap cardstock for the sequins backdrop. With a pencil, I outlined where the clouds would be and used Glossy Accents to adhere several rows of Pretty Pink Posh "Cornflower" sequins, only focusing on the areas the clouds would lay over. One thing I would definitely recommend using is a clear, matte glue such as Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue instead of Glossy Accents. While Glossy Accents is a very strong adhesive, as the name implies, it dries glossy. So if the glue spills out from the edges of the sequins or the top little hole, you risk seeing the shiny adhesive. After making this card, I will definitely look into ordering some Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue for future projects. Once all of my sequins were adhered to the scrap piece of cardstock, I adhered my focal panel onto it using some foam squares. I then paper pieced the hot air balloon using pattern papers from the Lawn Fawn "Hello Sunshine" and "Let's Polka" collections. I adhered the hot air balloon onto the focal panel using foam squares as well.

For the cardbase, I dry embossed the front of the card using the chevron embossing folder from Darice. To create a little bit more contrast and emphasize the chevron pattern, I rubbed Simon Says Stamp "Sea Glass" over the raised areas. After that, I simply adhered my focal panel onto the card base with some more foam squares.


And that wraps up my card for today. I tried to keep this card relatively CAS to keep the focus primarily on the texture from the clouds and chevron backdrop. I really enjoyed using my sequins in a different way and hope this card has inspired you to experiment with your sequins!

Thanks again for stopping by and until next time! ♥

Supplies:

12 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL. Such huge amounts of glorious texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I really like how you added a bunch of different textures to the card! The background looks so cool, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute, loving the different shades of blue with the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE the sequins behind the cloud :) awesome texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sequin clouds are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete