Thursday, August 14, 2014

Newton's Nook: "Relax, It's Your Birthday!" Card

We've made it another week! I hope your week wasn't too long and arduous, and if it was, well look on the bright side... it's Friday! And to celebrate this wonderful Friday, I bring you a summer-time card featuring the new Newton's Nook "Newton's Summer Vacation" stamp set.


Doesn't Newton look so cool with shades on? This is the perfect summer-time birthday card for someone who's always on the go and needs a little reminder to sit back, relax and enjoy their birthday. I'm sure we all know a few people that fit that description! 

To start things off, I colored Newton in with Copic Markers. I colored him in with E42, E44, E47, R01. I colored in the umbrella and towel using B24, B26, G02, G05, T3, T5 and T7. I fussy cut the entire image out and used a black brush-tip marker to line the edges. Doing this gives a nice polished look to your cut out image and covers up any imperfections. I die cut a white piece of cardstock using the stitched journal die from Lawn Fawn and used Faded Jeans Distress Ink for the sky and Antique Linen Distress Ink for the sand. 

For the sentiment, I thought it'd look cool to break up the sentiment and incorporate some kraft cardstock to match the kraft card base. I stamped the "Relax" sentiment from the same set onto kraft cardstock and adhered the small banner strip using dimensional foam tape. Underneath the banner, I stamped the "it's your birthday!" sentiment from the "Newton's Birthday Bash" stamp set. I cut a piece of blue cardstock to mat my focal panel. I used the Paper Smooches "Borders 2" postage border die to die cut a border on each end of the blue cardstock. I layered my focal panel onto two layers of pattern paper from the American Craft "Everyday" 6x6 paper pad. I thought the star pattern had such a patriotic/4th of July feel...just perfect for summer. To finish the card, I applied some clear Wink of Stella glitter onto the umbrella and a thick layer of Glossy Accents onto the umbrella and sunglasses. Don't they just look so cool and shiny?


I hope you enjoyed this card and have an awesome weekend! Until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: T3, T5, T7, R01, E42, E44, E47, B24, B26, G02, G05

4 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable! That kitty is so cute! Such a fun card and so well made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Adorable! I love the fun gloss you put on the sunglasses & Umbrella! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete