Sunday, September 7, 2014

Beep Boop Birthday featuring Lawn Fawn

Hello crafty friends! I hope everyone's having a great weekend so far! Today's post features a CAS, one-layer card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge and MarkerPOP "Anything Goes" Challenge. I must admit, one-layer cards are tough for me. So this was definitely a challenge and I had a lot of fun playing along!


 photo 89.jpg

 photo Challenge-51.jpg
For today's card, I started off by stamping the hexagon border stamp from the "Interlocking Backdrops" set by Lawn Fawn. Before stamping, I used small bits of painters tape to mask off a few random hexagons. This created the perfect sized gaps to stamp the medium-sized gear from the "Beep Boop Birthday" set. I then colored in the hexagons with Copic Markers (C4, C6, BG13, BG15, Y11, Y13).
I stamped both of the robots included in the same "Beep Boop Birthday" set. For the girl robot, I did some simple masking for the cupcake and bow. I stamped her cute little bow with Simon Says Stamp "Doll Pink" and I stamped the balloon with Simon Says Stamp "Audrey Blue." For the little light rays above the candle, I used Simon Says Stamp "Sunshine" ink. I colored all of the stamped images with Copic Markers.
Girl Robot: C0, C2, C4, R81, R85
Boy Robot: B00, B02, B04, T3, T5, Y11, Y13
Cupcake: BG13, BG15, Y13, Y19
For the sentiment, I stamped the birthday greeting from the same set. To add a little interest, I also stamped the dotted line from the "Hello Baby" stamp set above and below the sentiment. Using my black pen, I hand-drew a black border. I purposely drew it a little messy to add some interest since it was such a CAS card. To finish the card, I added some white sprinkles on the cupcake using my white gel pen and some clear Wink of Stella glitter on the balloon.
And that's my card for today. Super simple one-layer card. I hope you enjoyed today's post and don't forget to swing by the Lawnscaping Challenge blog and MarkerPOP blog to play along!
See you soon! ♥
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Beep Boop Birthday"
Lawn Fawn "Interlocking Backdrops"
Lawn Fawn "Hello Baby" 
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Simon Says Stamp "Audrey Blue" Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Doll Pink" Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Sunshine" Dye Ink
Wink of Stella "Clear" Glitter Pen
Copic Markers: R81, R85, B00, B02, B04, T3, T5, C0, C2, C4, C6, Y11, Y13, Y19, BG13, BG15

18 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the shading! Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Love the hexagons changed out with the gears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! The way you used the background stamp is inspired! Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING CARD!! i love the gears mixed in with the hexagons!! so so so clever!! and the coloring, of course, is outstanding!! LOVE those robots!!! and the hand drawn frame you made around the border is such a perfect touch! OUTSTANDING! thanks for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, Yuki!! I really like how you colored the border along the bottom and added the gears! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cool one layer! LOVE the border too!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable! I love the ground you have the robots standing on, and the hand doodled border! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is so stinkin' fantastic! I love the multi colored hexagon border and the hand drawn frame. Great coloring too! Fantastic I say! Thanks so much for playing along with us Lawnscaping gals!

    ReplyDelete