Thursday, September 18, 2014

Birthday Wishes from the Critters in the Forest featuring Lawn Fawn

Update: I am so absolutely thrilled and honored to have had this card chosen as the winner of the "Critters Galore" Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

 photo QOG.jpg




Hi there again! So when I saw the latest Lawnscaping Challenge was all about the critters, I got super excited! I just absolutely adore all of the little Lawn Fawn critters! So as the title states, today's card is all about the critters in the forest!

 photo 90.jpg


"Critters in the Forest" has got to be one of my favorite all-time critter sets from lawn Fawn. They're all just so adorable and I love all of the forest elements included in this set which I used to make the forest scene for today's card.

I started off by die cutting a piece of white cardstock and vellum using the A2-sized stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn. For my background, I used the cloud die from the Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio" to mask off portions of the sky and colored in the background using Tumbled Glass distress ink. I also masked the edges of the paper to keep the stitched portion white while coloring the background. I used the two hill dies from the same Mama Elephant set to cut out two hills out of green cardstock. For the foreground, I used the Grassy Border die by Lawn Fawn to cut two layers of grass in a lighter green cardstock. I love overlapping the grass layers and hills to add dimension to the card without making it bulky. 

I stamped all of my images using the My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink. This ink is also compatible with Copics and I must say I absolutely love it! It does not bleed and it gives a nice crisp, black impression. If you've been looking for an alternative to the Memento ink, I would highly recommend you give this ink a try! After stamping, I colored all of my images using Copic Markers. 

Owl: E42, E44, E47, W2, W4
Raccoon: T5, T7, W2, W4
Tree: E44, E47, YG95, YG97, YG99
Mushrooms: R24, R27, G85, G89, E00, E000

For the sentiment, I stamped the "happy birthday" greeting from the "So Much To Say" set by Lawn Fawn onto the vellum. I then heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder. To assemble the card, I adhered the hills and one of the pine trees directly to my background. I then adhered the layer of vellum which I adhered the remaining elements of my card onto. To add a little dimension to the critters, I put a few foam squares at the top and liquid glue at the bottom of them to make them stand out a little more from the background.  


And that's the card for today! I absolutely love how this little forest scene came out and really love the added dimension the layer of vellum gives. I hope you enjoyed today's post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: E42, E44, E47, W2, W4, T5, T7, YG95, YG97, YG99, R24, R27, G85, G89, E00, E000

17 comments:

  1. okay, this is over the top AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always love to see what you have created with the cute little Lawn Fawn stamps! This scene is just adorable! Love all those cute little animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scene is adorable, Yuki!! I like how you were able to add so much dimension with the vellum! So clever and so, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! Seeing the racoon and mushrooms made me wanna get out and get me some Lawn Fawn critters stamp sets! ^^ *big hugz*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)! And you should definitely pick up some critter stamps from Lawn Fawn, you'll love them!

      Delete
  5. LOVE all that depth and FANTASTIC scene setting there! Amazing work, I love the set also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Amazing!!! Your vellum bg is fabulous!!!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Love the effect in the background wth the vellum!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute with so much dimension

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the layers! So much cuteness! Thanks for joining us for the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the win Yuki! So excited for you... ^^ Hmmm... with the win, perhaps another critters stamp set from Lawn Fawn? Ha ha... Enjoy nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete