Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"Have a PURR-FECT Halloween" Card featuring Lawn Fawn

I can't believe it's already almost October, which means Christmas is right around the corner =O! But before I go worrying about Christmas, I still have some time to play with my new Halloween-themed goodies :).

For today's post, I made my first Halloween card of the year. This cute card was made using the new "Spooktacular" set by Lawn Fawn. I just absolutely love the critters and Halloween elements included in this set. However, I must admit, the primary reason I was instantly sold on this set was because of that adorable kitty! I definitely see myself using that kitty all year-round.


To begin my card, I die cut my focal panel out of black cardstock using the 4 x 2 3/4" stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn. I did the same out of green cardstock and then die cut two hills using the Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio" set. I heat embossed the really cute sentiment using white embossing powder. And then I colored my stamped images using Copic Markers. Once colored, I die the stamped images using the coordinating dies.

Jack-O-Lantern: YR14, YR16, YR18
Cat: T3, T5, T7, R20
Hat: V12, V15, V17, Y13, Y19
Gravestone: C2, C4, C7

I used two really cute pattern papers from the "Ghouls & Goodies" 6x6 Paper Pack from Doodlebug. For the purple pattern paper, I cut it to an A2 card size to cover up my entire card front. I  cut a thick strip of the green polka-dot paper and adhered it to the center of the card and topped it off with some twine and a bow. I adhered my focal panel using foam tape and finished the card by adding some clear Wink of Stella glitter to the hat and to eyes and mouth of the Jack-O-Lantern.


I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: YR14, YR16, YR18, T3, T5, T7, R20, V12, V15, V17, Y13, Y19, C2, C4, C7

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute Halloween card, Yuki!! I really like how you colored the hat and the fun colors that you used on the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww this is just the cutest card! Love the purple and the cute little scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colouring and detail of your cards!

    ReplyDelete