Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Latte Birthday Wishes featuring Lawn Fawn

Hello everyone! First off, I just wanted to quickly mention that my entry for the latest Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge was selected as one of the "Inky Paws Challenge Favorites," woohoo! You can see my original blog post here.

Ok and now back to today's post...

Today's post features a super fun and simple card I made for a friend's birthday. She loves coffee and is extremely talented with typography/hand lettering. So in order to make a card that really captured her personality, I thought it would be so fun to make a coffee-themed birthday card that looked handwritten on a chalkboard.


For today's card, I started off with a piece of black cardstock I die cut from the 4 x 2 3/4" stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn. I used Milo and Voilet's ABCs to create my own custom sentiment. These fonts look awesome together and really compliment each other well. I also stamped the coffee mug and mustache face from the new "Love You A Latte" stamp set. I just LOVE the little mustache face, isn't he so cute?? I heat embossed the entire panel with white heat embossing powder and matted my panel onto a pretty chevron pattern paper from the Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 paper pack. I used the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4" stitched rectangle die to cut the chevron paper paper.

For the card base, I dry embossed the largest stitched rectangle die which is the exact measurement of an A2 sized card. While it's quite subtle in the picture, in person, there is a nice embossed stitched border. To add a little extra texture, I stamped the Hero Arts "Evelope Pattern" background using SSS Khaki dye ink for a subtle tone-on-tone look. I then tied some twine around the front of the card and adhered my focal panel using foam tape.

For a little extra added touch I stamped the mug, heart, coaster and steam from the same "Love You A Latte" set in the bottom right-hand corner of the inside of the card using the same SSS Khaki ink.


And that's it! I really love the simplicity and cool vibe of this card. I definitely feel like it really captures my friend's personality. I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Love You A Latte"
Lawn Fawn "Milo's ABCs"
Lawn Fawn "Violet's ABCs"
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables (4 x 2 3/4")
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables (4 1/2 x 3 1/4" & 5 1/2 x 4 1/4")
Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" Rubber Background Stamp
Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 Paper Pack
Neenah Desert Storm 100# Kraft Cardstock
Simon Says Stamp "Khaki" Dye Ink
Versamark Ink
Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
May Arts Natural Twine

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Milo's and Violet's look so cute together - thanks for pointing that out! I'm sure that your friend will really like this card because it's so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I just love the chalkboard effect!!

    ReplyDelete