Monday, September 8, 2014

Masculine Birthday Card featuring Newton's Nook

I can't believe it's already Monday. I hope everyone's Monday has been BEARable so far (HA! see what I did there?). And speaking of bearable.. and bears, today's post features a very cute stamp set by Newton's Nook called "Campfire Trails." This is an older set, however I just had to get my hands on it. It is just so cute and a really great stamp set for all of the "outdoorsy" guys in my life. 
I made this card for the latest Simon Says Stamp  Wednesday Challenge. Simon Says Stamp is currently celebrating STAMPtember with tons of fun giveaways, blog hops and card challenges. So be sure to swing by their Wednesday Challenge Blog to play along for the chance to win a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp!
 photo wed-challenge-badge_zpsf506d7ee.png

So back to today's card... I started off by die cutting the Lawn Fawn stitched journaling card die out of some white cardstock. And then I stamped the very adorable stamp of Winston fishing and colored him in with Copic Markers.

Winston: E42, E44, E47, T5, T7
Jacket: BG13, BG15, BG18
Hat: W2, W4, W6, E19, Y32, Y35, C4
Fishing Pole: E35, E37, E39, C4, C6
Fish: YG95, YG97

For the sentiment, I used the "Another Birthday?" stamp from the "Winston's Birthday" set. To add a subtle border, I used my E42 Copic Marker to color the edges of the panel. I used the stitching as a guide.

For the background panel, I used the same stitched journaling card die to cut a panel from Bazzill "Candy Necklace" cardstock. I thought this teal cardstock matched Winston's vest just perfectly. For some tone-on-tone stamping, I stamped the little hook, firefly and stars using Simon Says Stamp "Audrey Blue" ink repeatedly across the panel. I used a strip of pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn "Dewey Decimal" 6x6 paper pack and I dry embossed the cardbase for some added texture. 


For the inside of the card, I decided to keep it simple and stick with the bear theme. I stamped the other sentiment from the "Winston's Birthday" set... I just love the cute pun! 

I really enjoyed making today's card and already have plans to give this card to one of my coworkers that loves to fish (how perfect, right?). I absolutely love how versatile these two stamp sets are, especially for masculine cards!

Thanks again for stopping by and until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: E42, E44, E47, T5, T7, BG13, BG15, BG18, W2, W4, W6, E19, Y32, Y35, C4, E35, E37, E39, C4, C6, YG95, YG97

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Yukari! The image is adorable and I love the embossed background.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for Heidi's special birthday blog hop
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is just adorable! I'm not a huge fan of Mondays, but it does get me a day closer to Friday...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card with the layers on the embossed background. I love how you added subtle border on your sentiment panel by coloring. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! This is so fun! Love how you colored that bear - such a fun color combo with the papers too!! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete