Friday, September 19, 2014

"Oh Deer, I missed your birthday!" Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Guess what day it is... it's Friday! Woot woot! And today I have yet another card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge. Have I mentioned how much I just love the Lawn Fawn critters? Well I do! And I've been having a blast playing with some of my older critter sets.

 photo 90.jpg


I always seem to be short-handed when it comes to belated birthday cards. And while I try to stay on top of everyone's birthday.. well let's face it, I'm human and I forget birthdays too sometimes. So for today's card, I used the deer and "oh deer" sentiment from the "Into the Forest" set by Lawn Fawn.

I started off by cutting a 3 x 3" square out of the quilted pattern paper included in the new Sweater Weather 6x6 paper pack. I then used the grassy border die cut to cut a piece of green/teal pattern from the same paper pack and out of vellum. I stamped the log using ColorBox "Chestnut Roan" chalk ink and fussy cut it out leaving a white border. I decided to turn the log into a tree, so I stamped the leaf image several times in SSS Sunshine, Orange Peel and Schoolhouse Red dye inks.For the deer, I stamped her directly onto some Kraft cardstock and lined the edges with my E42 Copic Marker. I then adhered all of my layers onto my focal panel using glue adhesive.

For the cardbase, I stamped the Hero Arts "Canvas" Background using SSS Khaki dye ink. I then adhered my focal panel onto the cardbase using foam tape. I tied bow out of some teal hemp twine by Lawn Fawn to add some interest and pull in the teal color from the grass. 


For the inside of the card, I used "Violet's ABCs" to stamp "I Missed Your Birthday." I thought this went really well with the cute "Oh Deer" sentiment. 

And that wraps up my card for today! Pretty CAS birthday card with an Autumn-feel. Thanks again for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful weekend! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Marker: E42

13 comments:

  1. Aw this is super sweet and I'm sure all will be forgiven after receiving this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The tree that you created looks awesome and I really like the quilt paper as the background! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love the look of the fawn on the kraft and the papers you used, too!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute!! Great idea to use vellum for the grass.
    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, what a great idea... since I'm sometimes late with getting birthday cards out, I may have to CASE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i LOVE this!! absolutely adorable card!! that little fawn is so sweet, he (or she!) would NEVER miss a birthday! lol!! ha ha! this is so amazing!! love it all! thanks for playing along at the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww Yuki!! This is just too cute!! Love the colorful leaves and all the layers, great card!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenge :)

    ReplyDelete