Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Owl Notecard Set featuring Lawn Fawn

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! The work week is already half-over, woohoo!

Over the weekend I had a chance to play with some of the new Lawn Fawn stamps. I was so happy when I found out Lawn Fawn was reintroducing the "You're a Hoot" stamp set in their Fall/Winter 2014 release. I just absolutely love this little stamp set! For today's post, I made a cute 4-bar notecard set.



I decided to keep the overall elements of the cards the same, only varying the pattern papers and sentiments. For the focal panels I die cut a piece of white cardstock using one of the new stitched rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn. I stamped the tree branches and sentiments using Colorbox Chestnut Roan, the leaves with Simon Says Stamp Green Apple and the owls with Mama Elephant Hazel pigment ink.  To add a little extra color and definition to the edges, I distressed the edges using Antique Linen.

 

For the pattern papers, I used the Lawn Fawn "Dewey Decimal" 6x6 paper pack. I die cut the sheets of pattern papers using a larger stitched rectangle die that fit perfectly onto a 4-bar cardbase. I adhered the focal panels directly onto the pattern papers and then adhered the pattern paper layers onto the cardbase using foam tape for a little bit of dimension. 

And that's it! Super simple and cute notecard set that you can easily mass produce. I hope you enjoyed today's post. See you soon! ♥



Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "So Much To Say" (Miss You Sentiment)
Lawn Fawn "Blue Skies" (Thanks Sentiment)
Lawn Fawn "Birthday Tags" (Happy Birthday Sentiment)

14 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! Love that owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp set was the first into my shopping cart! I'm so excited to receive it and your adorable notecards are fantastic inspiration to get me started. I love your style! Hurry Mr. Postman...I need to stamp owls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥! I'm sure you'll have so much fun with this cute set!

      Delete
  3. Great cards! Never would have thought of this myself. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. Thank you for sharing. I'm definitely getting the you're a hoot set. Been seeing wonderful cards made using this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'll definitely love this set :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! Such a great design and perfect for mass production!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH these are so sweet! I just got this set too and have already cut some things out, but haven't made a card yet! Yours are so inspiring!! Just love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to see what you make with this set! :)

      Delete
  7. Adorable set of note cards! Now I need that owl stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The note cards are absolutely adorable! I love the little image too! Isn't it fun to see how different a card can be by changing paper? So adorable!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete