Thursday, September 11, 2014

S'More Birthday Wishes Card featuring Newton's Nook

Update:

This card was chosen as an "Inky Paws Challenge Favorites!"

 photo FAV_Picks.png


Hello! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far! Today's post features my card entry for the Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #13 - Sketch Challenge.


 photo NNDIPC_13_Sketch.png

This card was quite the experience to make. We experienced a power outage yesterday evening and instead of just sitting around in the dark, I decided to craft by book light. I have a pretty bright LED book light that I just clipped onto my craft desk. I was pleased to see everything came out ok when I saw my card the next morning in the daylight lol! 

For this card, I started off by creating my own mask. I did this by sketching a hill freehand. I colored the sky using Seedless Preserves and Faded Jeans distress inks to make a fun night sky. For the hill, I used Pine Needles and Peeled Paint. Too add a little interest to the horizon, I stamped the pine trees from the "Love You S'More" stamp set by Lawn Fawn in Hero Arts "Forever Green."

For the stamped images, I used the adorable images from the Newton's Nook "Campfire Trails" and the bear from "Winston's Birthday." I masked off Winston's paw to stamp the s'more to make it seem like he was holding it over the fire. I then colored all of the images using Copic Markers.

Fire: YR14, YR16, YR18, E13, E15, E18
Racoon: T3, T5, T7, W2, W4, R20
Bag & Chips: G43, G45, Y32, Y35
Winston: W0, W2, W4, W6, E18, E42, E44, R20

I fussy cut all of the stamped images and adhered them directly onto my little scene. I matted my focal panel onto some cream cardstock and distressed the edges using Vintage Photo distress ink. For the cardbase, I stamped the woodgrain background stamp from Lawn Fawn's "Woodgrain Backdrops" using ColorBox Chestnut Roan. Again, I distressed the edges using Vintage Photo distress ink. For the sentiment, I die cut a circle that fit the sentiment from the "Campfire Trails" set. I distressed the edges  using the same distress ink and adhered it to two little banner strips from the Lawn Fawn "Dewey Decimal" 6x6 paper pack. I adhered the sentiment onto the card using dimensional foam squares.

I finished the card by adding some clear Wink of Stella glitter onto the fire. Unfortunately, there's not much sparkle left in my glitter pen. I must say I've definitely put the pen to good use and will probably try out some different colors next time I re-order :).

And that's the card for today! I hope you enjoyed today's post and thanks again for swinging by! Until next time ! ♥

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Vintage Photo, Seedless Preserves, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles
Copic Markers: YR14, YR16, YR18, E13, E15, E18, T3, T5, T7, W0, W2, W4, W6, R20, G43, G45, Y32, Y35, E42, E44

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful card! I don't think I would be able to do it in normal lighting much less with just a book light! hehe
    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh what a darling little scene you have created with those oh so cute animals! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Bonus points for crafting by "booklight"! This card is beautiful! I love that gorgeous sky behind the critters! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Such a cute scene and by craft light none the less =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Boy, oh, boy is this card amazing, or what?!?!!!!!! I love it - the colors are superb and this just makes me so happy!!

    ReplyDelete