Saturday, September 13, 2014

"Some bunny is on the way" Baby Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Good morning crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday! Today's post features a fun and adorable card for the latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. This challenge is all about making your own background. So be sure to swing by the SSS Wednesday Challenge blog to play along!


 photo wed-challenge-badge_zpsf506d7ee.png
For today's card, I used a few new stamps from Lawn Fawn's Fall/Winter 2014 release. I used the cute bunny from the "Snow Day" set and the cute mug from "Love You A Latte." I colored them both using Copic Markers. 
Bunny: W0, W2, R20
Mug: R81, R85
I cut both images using the coordinating dies. In order to get the bunny to sit into the little mug, I used my craft knife to cut a slit along the inside of the mug. The bunny fit into the mug just perfectly!
For the first background, I used Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed distress inks to watercolor the background. I did this by smooshing my ink pads onto my craft mat and applying the ink with a paintbrush and water. Once my watercolor panel was completely dry, I heat embossed the sentiment from the "Hello Baby" set using gold embossing powder.
For the second background layer, I used the new "Argyle Backdrops" set and repeatedly stamped the outline. I used the small heart included in "Snow Day" and stamped it repeatedly to make a pattern with the argyle outline. I then heat embossed the entire background with gold embossing powder.
To add a little bit more gold, I took a piece of cardstock a little bit bigger than my watercolor panel and smooshed Versamark ink all over it. I then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I just absolutely love how it tied in all of the gold on the card and created such a shiny effect!

To assemble the card, I used the stitched rectangle die from the Mama Elephant "Femme Frames" set to cut my gold argyle background. I then used the scallop border die for the cardbase. To finish the card, I added some matching Pretty Pink Posh sequins. 

And that's it for today's card. I absolutely love how the card came out and I really enjoyed using my new Lawn Fawn goodies. Thanks again for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful weekend! ♥

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberries, Mustard Seed
Copic Markers: W0, W2, R20, R81, R85

6 comments:

  1. Awwww that is the sweetest card I have ever seen!! That little bunny is precious! Love how you put it in the cup!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Love the gold embossing. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Make Your Own Background Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaaaaa! This card is ADORABLE!!!! That is all xxxx

    ReplyDelete