Monday, October 27, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

Hi everyone! I was recently nominated to participate in the Creative Blog Hop by the very sweet and talented Elise from Whimsipost


Before I dive into the questions, I just wanted to share a little bit more about myself. I live in Southern California with my wonderful boyfriend and our two furry kiddos, Molly (left) and Mozart (right). The picture above is actually one of my favorite "family portraits" I have of all four of us :). Mozart is the baby of the family and he completely lives up to that title. He is a complete ham and is convinced the entire universe revolves around him lol. Molly on the other hand, is a total sweetheart and patiently puts up with all of Mozart's antics.

I'm pretty new to the paper crafting/card making world. I started last Fall when I thought it would be fun to make my own Christmas cards. Before then, I had never done any other form of paper crafting. However, I've always been obsessed with pretty stationary and paper products. I never thought of actually making my own cards until I met a coworker from my previous job. My old coworker made and sold her own cards and I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I finally decided to give a shot and I've been addicted ever since!


1. What am I working on?
I am currently finishing up some Halloween goodie bags for my coworkers. I can’t believe it’s already Halloween this Friday, crazy! In between doing that, I’ve been working on holiday cards. I’ve been really trying to get a head start this year since I have so many to send out and I know it’ll only get more hectic as the holidays approach.  

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. Still being relatively new to card making, I feel like I’m still “finding” my signature style; therefore, I’m not sure how my work differs from others. I know I love to create “cutsey” designs and I’m a total sucker for critters. However, they’re so many different and wonderful styles out there that inspire me. I love trying out new techniques and learning something new.

3. Why do I create what I do?
The straightforward answer is because I enjoy it and it makes me happy J. Even with working full-time, I still found myself missing that extra mental stimulation after work. I discovered Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a few years ago and that quickly became a passion of mine and my life has since greatly revolved around training and competing. And while Jiu Jitsu encompasses so much of my daily routine, I still lacked an actual creative outlet that I could dedicate myself to during my downtime. And that’s where paper crafting comes in! It has been such a great outlet and the wonderful online community has only made me that much more involved. I love the creative challenge and the endless possibilities it offers.

4. How does your creative process work?
I draw inspiration from everywhere! I draw inspiration from other paper crafters, Pinterest, card sketches, art work and of course the stamps themselves. I carry a little Moleskine notebook around with me so that I can quickly jot down ideas or rough sketches whenever they pop into my head. When there’s a stamp set I know I want to use, I leave it out on my craft desk. Just having it out and staring at it periodically really helps kick start my creative juices. 

And now it's time to nominate a fellow paper crafter. I nominate Chitra from My Crafty Corner. I discovered her blog when she was a guest designer on the Newton's Nook blog. I absolutely love her cute style and beautiful coloring skills. So be sure to check out her blog on November 3rd to learn more about her and her creative process!

Thanks again for stopping by! ♥




2 comments:

  1. Love reading more about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much in participating in the hop! It was so great learning more about you! That "family portrait" is so cute!

    ReplyDelete