Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"Happy Fall" Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful "World Card Making Day" full of lots of paper crafting and stamping :)! I actually did manage to squeeze in some time to craft and made this cute Fall card featuring the "Sweater Weather" set and the very cute kitty from the "Spooktacular" set.



I thought it would look so cute to have the kitty from the "Spooktacular" set sitting in a pile of leaves. To do this, I die cut the leaves and acorns and stamped them using various SSS dye inks. When dealing with such itty bitty die cuts, I find it's a lot easier to die cut first and then stamp the image. For the tree, I filled in the empty areas with the matching leaf stamp and also added a few extra die cut leaves on top to fill the gaps and add a little dimension. I colored the kitty using my warm gray Copic Markers and die cut it with the coordinating die. 

Cat: W2, W4, W6, R20

For the focal panel, I die cut a piece of blue and green cardstock using the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4" stitched rectangle die. I  used the green die cut piece to cut out two different hills and layered them onto the blue cardstock. I adhered all of my stamped images onto the focal panel. For the sentiment, I actually had to cut the "Happy Fall" stamp in order to make it fit since I had already adhered my tree. This is the first time I've ever cut one of my stamps. And although I always see people doing it, I must admit I was a little nervous! Once I cut it, I realized it was really no big deal lol. So don't freak out if you ever have to cut your stamps, they do piece back together quite nicely (yay for clear stamps lol).

To finish my card, I matted my focal panel onto brown and green pattern papers from the "Sweater Weather" 6x6 paper pack. For the cardbase, I stamped the woodgrain backdrop stamp and distressed the edges using Antique Linen and Old Paper.

And that's the card for today! I had so much fun using the kitty for a non-Halloween card and I definitely see myself using the kitty year-round! Thanks again for stopping by and until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Old Paper
Copic Markers: W2, W4, W6, R20

8 comments:

  1. That is adorable to put the kitty in a pile of leaves!! I also really like how you added extra leaves to the tree. And I was so nervous the first time I cut a stamp, too, but it still works just the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this card! The layers, the kitty in the pile of leaves it's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a cute card! I love that sweet little kitty, and he's so cute sitting in that pile of leaves!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is this card??!! I LOVE it, Yukari!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude! Loving this. And all those leaves? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So off topic, Jiu Jitsu? Ain't messing with you girl!

    ReplyDelete