Friday, October 3, 2014

"Happy Harvest" Card featuring Newton's Nook

Hi everyone! I can't believe another week has already flown by! So, to end the week on a happy note, today I have a cute Fall card to share with you. I made this card for the latest Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook blog. If you haven't already checked out their latest Inky Paws Challenge, I highly swinging by their blog. The challenge closes next Friday, so you have plenty of time to play along :)!


 photo NNDIPC_14_Color.png



So to begin my card, I die cut a piece of kraft cardstock using the Lawn Fawn "stitched journaling" die. I stamped the pile of leaves from the Newton's Nook "Wagon of Wishes" stamp set directly onto the kraft cardstock. I also stamped the wagon and the image with Newton and the pumpkins onto white cardstock. I colored all of the stamped images using Copic Markers. For Newton, I used a new technique I learned from Debby Hughes. During one of the lessons from the latest Online Card Class, Debby showed how she likes to use the colorless blender (0) as the base layer in order to create stronger highlights and achieve a softer look. I absolutely love this technique and really like how it turned out.

Newton: 0, Y32, Y35, R20
Pumpkins: YR12, YR14, YR16, E44, E47
Wagon: W0, W2, W4, W6, T5, T7
Leaves: YG13, YG17, Y19, Y26, Y28, E97, E99, YG95, YG97

Once I finished coloring my stamped images, I fussy cut the wagon and Newton. I lined the edges of the image with a black brush-tip marker to give a more finished look. For my panel, I used the W2 Copic Marker to outline the leaves in order to make them stand out from the kraft cardstock. I then created some quick masks for the two piles of leaves and stamped the Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" background using SSS "Khaki" ink for a tone-on-tone look. I then distressed the edges using Vintage Photo. I stamped the sentiment from the "Wagon of Wishes" set using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink. I then matted my panel onto a pretty polka-dot pattern from the Lawn Fawn "Sweater Sweather" 6x6 paper pack. I also cut a thin strip of the same paper for the cardbase.

For my cardbase, I once again used the Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" background stamp with SSS "Khaki" ink. However, this time I used Antique Linen to distress the edges. I used another piece of pattern paper from the same "Sweater Weather" 6x6 paper pack for the bottom half of the card. Before adhering the pattern paper to my cardbase, I distressed the edges using Vintage Photo. And finally, I adhered the thin strip of polka-dot paper to tie in my focal panel. I mounted my focal panel using foam tape and added some twine at the top of my card. To finish the card, I rounded the bottom two corners.

And that's my card for today! Even though it's still quite hot here in Southern California, I've started to feel inspired by all of the wonderful Fall-themed cards and hope you've been inspired too :)!

Supplies:
Newton's Nook "Wagon of Wishes"
Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" Rubber Stamp
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Journaling Card" Die
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" 6x6 Paper Pack
Neenah Desert Storm 100# Kraft Cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe "Butter Mints" 100# Cardstock
May Arts Natural Twine
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Versafine "Onyx Black" Pigment Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Khaki" Dye Ink
We R Memory Keepers Cropadile Corner Chomper (1/2")
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Copic Markers: 0, Y32, Y35, R20, YR12, YR14, YR16, E44, E47, W0, W2, W4, W6, T5, T7, YG13, YG17, Y19, Y26, Y28, E97, E99, YG95, YG97

10 comments:

  1. totally makes me smile, such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfectly executed, adorable card as always Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the Inky Paw color challenge. I might just have to go and check out the site. Thanks for adding the google follower widget. Am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks for the follow! Glad you pointed it out! Have a great weekend :)!

      Delete
  4. OH that is absolutely darling!! What an adorable little fall scene and cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Neat, clean layout, & beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us at NND! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - Gorgeous coloring and I just LOVE the piles of leaves behind the wagon! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness!! this is ADORABLE!!!! i love it!!
    the colors are perfection and so is the coloring! i love all of the distressing and the texture - so amazing!!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete