Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Have An Ice Day" Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Happy Hump Day! With Winter and the holidays right around the corner, I figured I would try to get a head-start on this year's holiday card making. For today's card I used the super cute "Critters in the Arctic" set by Lawn Fawn.


I started off by making the background for this card. I used the snowflake stamps included in the stamp set to make a background. I heat embossed the snowflakes and then used Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers to watercolor the background. Once it was completely dry, I used the iron-off technique to remove the embossing powder. I eventually ended up adding a layer of vellum over the background, so in retrospect I could have saved some time by skipping these techniques. But as you know, sometimes the creative process takes you away from  the original plan. I then colored in the walrus and little hat using Copic Markers and die cut them using the coordinating dies.

Walrus: E42, E44, E47, W0, W2, R20
Hat: C2, C4, C6, BG32, BG34

I stamped the iceberg onto vellum using the Mama Elephant "Winter" pigment ink and heat embossed it using the sparkly "Holographic" embossing powder by Ranger. For the sentiment, I heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. Once I adhered all of my layers and images onto the cardbase, I added some die cut snowflakes and sequins. To finish the card, I decided to add more sparkle and added some Clear Wink of Stella glitter onto the hat and iceberg.

The photo does not do the card justice in terms of highlighting all of the fun sparkle and shine. I just love how it sparkles in person, so shiny :)! Thanks again for stopping by and see you soon! ♥

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough
Copic Markers: E42, E44, E47, W0, W2, R20, C2, C4, C6, BG32, BG34

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are always so super cute, Yuki. Look forward to seeing more.

    Have a great day!

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh that is darling!! I just love the vellum and the snowflakes! What a wonderful little winter scene you have created! :)

    ReplyDelete