Thursday, October 16, 2014

Holiday Coffee-themed Card Set featuring Lawn Fawn

Hello everyone! Before I go into today's post, I wanted to quickly mention that the Lawnscaping Team is looking for FIT DT members! How exciting, right? It'd be such an awesome opportunity to be part of such a talented team :). To learn more about this wonderful opportunity, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenge blog!


 photo 10474739_10204890329643845_4330031298596047046_n.jpg

Now back to my post... today's post features a cute and simple holiday card set featuring Lawn Fawn's "Love You A Latte" stamp set. I don't know about you, but I have tons of friends that are absolute coffee-lovers and I thought these cute cards would be perfect for the holidays! 


I love how by just changing up the stamped images and pattern papers, you can really make each card unique while still being able to mass produce them.

To begin, I used the frame from the "Sweater Weather" set for the sentiment. I decided to go with the "Warm Wishes" sentiment over the holiday sentiment because I thought it fit a little better in the frame. However, you could just as easily use the holiday sentiment. I distressed the edges of the frame using Vintage Photo.

For the background, I used the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4" stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn to die cut 4 panels out of Kraft cardstock. I randomly stamped the little coffee bean to make a background and distressed the edges using Vintage Photo. 

I colored in all of the stamped images using Copic Markers. I thought it would look so cute to turn the bagel into a donut and used my Copic Multiliner pen to draw a squiggly line across the bagel and complete the oval to make a donut hole. I used my white gel pen to add sprinkles. To make the donuts look extra tasty, I added clear Wink of Stella glitter and glossy accents onto the icing portion. I also added glossy accents to the tea bag and candy cane to add some extra dimension.

Bagel (Donut): E17, E18, E42, E44
Hot Coco: R37, R39, RV99, E17, E18, T5
Coffee Mug: YG41, YG45, W0, W2, W6, E17
Tea Cup: BG13, BG15, BG18, W6, E17
To-go Coffee: W0, W2, W4, E44, E47
Candy Cane: R43, R46
Saucer + Spoon: C0, C2, C4



To finish the cards, I matted the focal panels onto coordinating patter papers from the "Sweater Weather" 6x6 paper pack. And voila, a super simple card set! What I love most about this card set is that I can also use them for winter birthdays, not just for the holidays. They're cute and simple, yet masculine enough to give to a guy friend, which is always a plus in my book! I hope you enjoyed today's post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: E17, E18, E42, E44, E47, R37, R39, RV99, T5, YG41, YG45, W0, W2, W4, W6, BG13, BG15, BG18,  W0, W2, W4, R43, R46, C0, C2, C4

8 comments:

  1. These are absolutely a-dorable! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yuki!! I love your entire set of cards. Good luck to you on the Lawnscaping FIT Inspiration DT Call. Thank you for sharing your Copic colors, I hardly fine people that do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! These are adorbs! Love them all and I'm a huge coffee lover too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute cards! I love how different they all look with the different colors! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete