Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"I Love Winter" Yeti Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Brace yourselves...winter is coming! I must admit, even though I'm a So-Cal girl, I always look forward to the cold winter months. We always enjoy snowboarding during the winter, and this winter will be extra special. We'll be going to Whistler, Canada to snowboard, woohoo :)! And today's card just really reminded me of spending my days on the snowy slopes (it also really reminded me of the old video game "SkiFree" hahaha remember that game?).


For today's card I used the very adorable "Yeti, Set, Go" set by Lawn Fawn. This Yeti is probably one of my favorite critters. He always makes me so happy and he's so much fun to color :).

I started off by making a snowy sky using the snowflakes included in the set. I used SSS Surf Blue dye ink to create a tone-on-tone background on the blue cardstock. For the snow drifts, I used the extra hilly stitched hillside border dies by Lawn Fawn. I colored the stamped images using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. To add some extra sparkly, I added clear Wink of Stella glitter to the trees and to the Yeti's fur. I also added sparkling clear sequins to the snowy sky.

Yeti: B91, B93, B97, R20, R37, R39, C0, C02
Trees: YG41, YG45

I used the blue houndstooth pattern paper from the "Sweater Weather" 6x6 paper pack for the background. And then die cut a thin strip of the light blue cardstock using the medium stitched scalloped border die. And finally, I die cut the white heat embossed sentiment using the smallest stitched rectangle die. To give the card a finished look, I rounded the bottom two corners.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and it made you excited for winter! Thanks again for stopping by and see you soon! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Yeti, Set, Go"
Lawn Fawn "Yeti, Set, Go" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables" (2 x 3/4")
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Scalloped Borders" (medium)
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" 6x6 Paper Pack
Simon Says Stamp "Ultra Thick White" 120# Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe "Gumball" 100# Cardstock
Simon Says Stamp "Surf Blue" Dye Ink
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Wink of Stella "Clear" Glitter Pen
Pretty Pink Posh "Sparkling Clear" 4mm Sequins
Copic Markers: B91, B93, B97, R20, R37, R39, C0, C02, YG41, YG45

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Love the little Yeti and all the trees! The sequin snow is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete