Monday, October 13, 2014

"Joyful Wishes" Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Hello! Hope everyone is having a lovely Monday. I have the pleasure of staying home today, so I suppose tomorrow will technically be my "Monday." But for now, I'm enjoying this wonderful day off :)!

For today's post, I made a card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge. This challenge is all about pattern paper and I thought it would be so cute to do some fun paper piecing :)


 photo 91.jpg



For this card, I used the critters from the "Love You S'More" set and the little scarf from the "Snow Day" set. I used various Lawn Fawn 6x6 paper packs and a woodgrian pattern from an old American Crafts Christmas 6x6 paper pack. To add a little interest to my paper pieced images, I added some shading and color with Copic Markers. I also added clear Wink of Stella to the fire to make it really sparkle. 

For the focal panel, I used the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4" stitched rectangle die and the stitched hillside and forest borders to make my little winter scene. For the mat, I used my Copic Marker G17 to create my own colored cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from the "Joy to the Woods" set on vellum and heat embossed with white embossing powder. To adhere the vellum, I simply wrapped the strip around the panel and adhered it from the back. 

For the cardbase, I cut the cute musical notes patter paper from the A2-sized stitched rectangle die to cover up my entire card front. I adhered my panel using foam tape and finished the card by cutting a tiny slit at the top in order to add some twine. 

And that's the card for today! I love how the different pattern papers really add so much dimension and color to an otherwise simple card. I really enjoyed this challenge and using up some of my pattern paper scraps. Thanks again for stopping by and until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables" (4 1/2 x 3 1/4" and 5 1/2 x 4 1/4")
Copic Markers: E44, R20, T3, YR16, YR18, G17

14 comments:

  1. What a cute winter scene! Also loving the background patterned paper. I'm sure the paper pieced animals are having a blast singing some campfire songs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how darling this is! I love the scarf on the bear! What an amazing winter scene you have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute!! I really love that music sheet background (:
    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word! you are SO talented!!! i LOOOOOOVE those little critters paper pieced!! amazing!! and that scene - so adorable!! i LOOOOOVE that they're roasting marshmallows in the snow together!! wow! you are so talented! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable scene, Yuki! I really like how you made the sentiment stand out and how you used the patterned paper for those trees! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete