Friday, October 31, 2014

"Let it Snow" Card featuring Pretty Pink Posh + Avery Elle

Happy Halloween everyone! And it's also Friday, woohoo! I hope everyone has a super fun and safe Halloween :). I must admit, it feels  a little weird posting a Winter/Christmas card on Halloween, but I'm determined to get all of my holiday cards done early this year lol.

Today's post features a card I made using some Pretty Pink Posh products and the "More Stories" set from Avery Elle. I instantly fell in love with this stamp set and just had to get my hands on it!


I started the card by creating the winter night sky using Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves distress inks. I used Voilet's ABCs by Lawn Fawn to create the custom sentiment and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I colored in the penguin using Copic Markers and cut him out using the coordinating die.

Penguin: W0, W2, R20, T3, T5, T7, YR12, YR14

I used the stitched hill die from the "Stitched Borders 1" set by PPP to create a snow bank for the little penguin and mounted them both onto the background using foam tape. To add a little extra interest to the card, I used the stitched scalloped die from the same die set by PPP to die cut a scalloped border on both ends of the cardbase. To give the effect of snow, I added a bunch of 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins onto the night sky. And finally, I couldn't help myself and added some clear Wink of Stella glitter to the black portion of the penguin.

I hope you liked today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Pretty Pink Posh "Stitched Borders 1"
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
Avery Elle "More Stories"
Avery Elle "More Stories" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Violet's ABCs"
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Wink of Stella "Clear" Glitter Pen
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves
Copic Markers: W0, W2, R20, T3, T5, T7, YR12, YR14

8 comments:

  1. what a pretty blog you have here!! Loved seeing everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The background is gorgeous and is so cute with the sequin snowflakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-so-pretty...love that gorgeous blue background...super cute guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blended background is just stunning! Such a pretty card! Love the sequins! :)

    ReplyDelete