Monday, October 20, 2014

"Merry and Bright" Winter Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Happy Monday crafty friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Today's card features a cute winter scene I made using the new "Joy to the Woods" set by Lawn Fawn. My favorite image from this set has got to be the birch trees. I just LOVE them! They're perfect for creating scenes and I can definitely see myself using them all year-round.



To begin the card, I used the A2-sized stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn to cut all of my layers. I also used the same die for the top banner by doing some partial die cutting to get the stitching on all four sides. I used the stitched hillside borders for the snow drifts. And then for the sentiment, I used the sentiment included in the "Snow Day" set and heat embossed it using Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. This embossing powder is absolutely gorgeous and just stunning in real life. It's probably my favorite silver and it's perfect for the holidays.

I colored all of the stamped images using Copic Markers and die cut them using the coordinating dies. I arranged the images in between the vellum layer to add depth to the winter scene. For the birdhouse, I stamped the little chain included in the set directly onto the vellum layer and heat embossed it using more of the Liquid Platinum embossing powder.

Fox: E97 E99, YR18, W0, W2
Squirrel: E42, E44, W0, W2
Log: E44, E47
Cardinal: R37, R39, RV99, YR16
Birch Trees: W0, W2, W4
Birdhouse: YG97, YG99, C4, C6, R37, R39

I absolutely love how the different layers add so much fun dimension and detail to the card. I feel like it really brings the winter scene to life :). I hope you enjoyed today's post and until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Joy to the Woods"
Lawn Fawn "Joy to the Woods" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Snow Day"
Lawn Fawn "Snow Day" 6x6 Paper Pack
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Hillside Borders"
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables" (5 1/2 x 4 1/4")
Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Hero Arts "Red Royal" Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Ultra Thick White" 120# Cardstock
Neenah "Solar White" 80# Cardstock
Copic Markers: E42, E44, E47, E97 E99, YR16, YR18, W0, W2, W4, R37, R39, RV99, YG97, YG99, C4, C6

5 comments:

  1. Cute winter scene, Yuki! You always create such great scenes and this is no exception! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Lawn Fawn should put you on their design team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner, Yuki! I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete