Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Trick or Treat" Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Hello crafty friends! Sorry it's been a little quiet around here lately, I've been quite busy with the latest Online Card Class. If you haven't already signed up, I highly recommend checking out the Copic Markers for Card Makers Online Card Class. This class is amazing! I've learned so much already and it's been tons of fun!


 photo Copics.png
One of my favorite lessons so far has been learning how to color people and hair. This was a completely new experience for me as I don't own any stamps of people (in case you haven't noticed, I'm quite obsessed with critter stamps lol). Learning these new techniques has been so fun and it's definitely opened my eyes to a whole different array of stamps. Below are two of the practice images I colored for the class:

Don't you just love the ballerina image? I just enjoy coloring her so much and experimenting with my different Copics. If you're currently taking this Online Card Class, what's been your favorite lesson so far? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to know! :)


And as the title implied, I do have a Halloween card for you today! I made this card using the "Spooktacular" set by Lawn Fawn.


I started off by cutting 3 strips of white cardstock to about 3" x 1 3/4." I used Faded Jeans and Seedless Preserves distress inks to color in the sky and for the grass I used Peeled Paint and Pine Needles. For the center panel, I heat embossed the "Trick or treat" sentiment from the same set using white embossing powder.

I used Copic Markers to color all of the stamped images and used the coordinating dies to quickly cut them out.

Ghost: C2, C4
Hat: T3, T5, T7, V12, V15, V17, Y13, Y19
Jack-O-Lantern: YR16, YR18, T5, T7
Bat: C2, C4, C6, R20
Gravestone: C2, C4, C6
Treat Bag: YR14, YR16
Candies: YG01, YG03, YR14, YR16, V15, V17

I adhered the stamped images onto each panel to make separate Halloween scenes. I thought it would look cute to make the bat holding the treat bag and have a bunch of spilled candies beneath  him. Once I assembled each scene, I created the background by stamping the candy corn image several times onto black cardstock using Versamark ink. I adhered the background image onto a purple cardbase and popped up the panels using foam tape. To finish the card, I tied a piece of Doodlebug twine across the top of the card. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles
Copic Markers: C2, C4, C6, T3, T5, T7, V12, V15, V17, Y13, Y19, YR14, YR16, YR18, R20, YG01, YG03

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Yuki. Yukari sounds like a beautiful name. I am new to your blog. I have been looking at creative card blogs and really don't remember how I came to your blog. But, I just want to say you along with many others are so good at making cards. I think your ballerina is beautifully colored. I haven't dabbled with Copic Markers or with any sort of coloring tools. I feel a little intimidated when it comes to coloring. So, kudos to you for wanting to improve on your coloring skills. I was going to follow you via Google Friend Connect, but can't find the button. Was just wondering if you have other ways to follow you beside email. Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ka! Thank you so much for your kind words ♥! I originally thought the Google Friend Connect widget was discontinued, but after some Google searching I finally found the widget, yay! I've added it to my blog, please let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten all about it :)

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I really like the distress background that you created! Such a fun Halloween card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blending on those ballerinas. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete