Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Congratulations Card featuring Avery Elle + Mama Elephant

Hello crafty friends! This past weekend, two of my dear friends and teammates competed in the World Masters IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Championship tournament (phew, that was a mouth-full lol). Both of them had stellar performances and won Gold medals in their respective divisions! I am so proud of them and I thought it would be a sweet gesture to make them congratulations cards.

Today’s post features a card I made for one of my friends that competed. When I was brainstorming card ideas, I instantly thought of the Shakespeare quote included in the “Everyday Greetings” set by Mama Elephant. My friend has such a sweet and docile demeanor. She's a nurse in her mid-30s and at 107 lbs, you would never expect her to be a fierce competitor. She is such an inspiration, and is living proof that age and size are just numbers and that determination, hard work and a positive attitude are what truly matters.



To begin the card, I used the super cute hedgehog from the “More Stories” set by Avery Elle. I colored in the hedgehog using Copic Markers and fussy cut him out. To create my background, I die cut a piece of cardstock using the stitched rectangle die from the “Femme Frames” set by Mama Elephant. I stamped the hedgehog again and the patches of grass from the same set. I colored the grass and added a light halo of blue around the stamped images using Copic Markers.

Hedgehog: E000, E00, E11, R20, E42, E44
Grass: YG41, YG45
Sky: B0000, B000

I stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink for a nice crisp impression. I then distressed the edges using Antique Linen distress ink. I used the cloud die from the “Landscape Trio” set by Mama Elephant to die cut a layer of clouds. I also used the stitched rectangle die to make sure my clouds had the same stitching as the focal panel. I applied Tumbled Glass distress ink and had it fade into the top of the clouds to give a soft and subtle appearance. I popped up the clouds using foam adhesive and also used foam adhesive for the hedgehog.

I matted my focal panel onto a piece of light pink cardstock. And then I die cut a sheet of pattern paper from the Pink Paislee “Hello Sunshine” 6x6 paper pack using the scalloped rectangle border die and adhered it directly onto the cardbase. To finish the card, I adhered the focal panel onto the cardbase using foam adhesive.

And that’s the card for today! I wanted to keep this card relatively simply and cute and I really like how it came out. I hope you enjoyed today’s post and now I’m off to make another congratulations card J! Until next time my crafty friends! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: E000, E00, E11, R20, E42, E44, YG41, YG45, B0000, B000

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! That hedgie is so cute and the sentiment, love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of you making a congratulations card for your friend. Sounds like you have wonderful friends to inspire you! I'm your your friend will love this cute card with great saying!

    ReplyDelete