Monday, November 10, 2014

"Happy Fall" Owl Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Update: This card received the "Honorable Gnome" title! 
 photo HonorableGnome_2013.jpg

Hello crafty friends! Today's post features a sweet and simple card I made for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge. This challenge is all about Fall/pumpkin-themed projects, so I decided to make a Fall-themed card using the "Sweater Weather" and "You're A Hoot" stamp set by Lawn Fawn.
 photo 93.jpg



I started off by stamping the very cute owl with Mama Elephant "Hazel" pigment ink. To add a little interest to the owl, I carefully applied a little bit of Antique Linen distress ink to his face and tummy. I also added some rosy cheeks using my R01 Copic Marker. I cut him out using the coordinating die. I used the log from the "Into the Woods" stamp set and stamped it with Colorbox "Chestnut Roan" chalk ink. I fussy cut the log leaving a white border to match the owl. I used the tree die from the "Sweater Weather" set to die cut the trees out of brown cardstock. I then used SSS "Sunshine" and "Orange Peel" dye inks for the leaves.

I die cut the focal panel using the 5 x 3 3/4" stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn. I also die cut two grassy hills using the stitched hillside borders dies. I thought the two shades of green cardstock added some extra dimension to the scene. For the background, I applied a light coat of Tumbled Glass distress ink. Although it's hard to tell in the photo, I used a cloud die to create clouds in the sky with the Tumbled Glass. I stamped the sentiment using the "Chestnut Roan" chalk ink onto a strip of pattern paper from the "Sweater Weather" 6x6 paper pack. I created a banner and popped it up using foam squares. I then matted my focal panel onto some matching pattern paper from the same 6x6 paper pack and mounted the entire panel onto the cardbase using foam tape.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks again for stopping by! Hope to see you soon! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather"
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "You're A Hoot"
Lawn Fawn "You're A Hoot" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Into the Woods"
Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables" (5 x 3 3/4")
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Hillside Borders"
Mama Elephant "Landscape Trio"
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" 6x6 Paper Pack
Mama Elephant "Hazel" Pigment Ink
Colorbox "Chestnut Roan" Chalk Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Sunshine" Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp "Orange Peel" Dye Ink
Neenah "Desert Storm" 100# Kraft Cardstock
Neenah "Solar White" 80# Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen & Tumbled Glass
Copic Marker: R01

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I really like how you colored the owl and the sentiment banner that you made! Great fall card! I hope that you have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! Hope you have a wonderful day as well ♥!

      Delete
  2. This is soooooo adorable! Love the sweet scenery you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an ADORABLE card!! i LOOOVE that little touch of blush to the owl's cheeks!! you are so creative and talented! more things i am gushing over about this card include: the two toned hills, the pops of orange leaves and the banner!! so, everything! just a perfect card!! love! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gee, you're making me blush =D! Thank you so much for your kind words ♥!

      Delete
  4. Adorable scene! I love the banner at the top! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little fall scene! Love the little owl on the log!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love the little scene you've created!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely cute and sweet fall card!

    ReplyDelete