Monday, November 3, 2014

Latte Thank You Card featuring SSS

Hello! I hope everyone had a fun Halloween weekend! Today's post features a cute CAS thank you card I made for the latest SSS Wednesday Challenge. It's anything goes so be sure to swing by their blog before Wednesday!
 photo wed-challenge-badge_zpsf506d7ee.png


To begin the card, I used the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4" stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn to die cut my focal panel. I used the mug stamp from the SSS "What's Brewing" set and the little heart stamp from the "Snow Day" set by Lawn Fawn. I colored the mug using Copic Markers and to add a little depth, I outlined the image with my B0000 Copic Marker. 

Mug: R37, R39 RV99, E18, W6
Ground: W0, W2, W4

I stamped the steam using the new Mama Elephant "Brown Sugar" pigment ink. I absolutely LOVE this new color. It's such a pretty warm gray and so versatile. I added some clear Wink of Stella to the steam to add some shine. It's hard to tell in the photo, but in person the steam has such a pretty sparkle to it. For the sentiment, I used the banner die from the new Mama Elephant "Tags a Lot" set. I used the sentiment from the "What's Brewing" set and simply curved the sentiment to fit onto the curved banner. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and mounted the banner onto the focal panel using foam tape.
To finish my focal panel, I distressed the edges with Antique Linen distress ink. I then matted the focal panel onto a piece of pattern paper from the Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 paper pack. To finish the card, I applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents to the mug. This took quite a while to dry, however the finishing result was so worth it! 
Thanks again for stopping by and until next time! ♥
Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp "What's Brewing"
Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables" (5 x 3 3/4")
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables" (4 1/2 x 3 1/4")
Lawn Fawn "Snow Day"
Mama Elephant "Tags a Lot"
Fancy Pants "Happy-Go-Lucky!" 6x6 Paper Pack
Neenah Desert Storm 110# Kraft Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe "Sugar Wafer" 100# Cardstock
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Mama Elephant "Brown Sugar" Pigment Ink
Wink of Stella "Clear" Glitter Pen
Ranger Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz "Antique Linen" Distress Ink
Copic Markers: B0000, R37, R39 RV99, E18, W0, W2, W4, W6

9 comments:

  1. So perfect! I love it. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tickled to see you using our stamps, Yukari! I love the striped background - it sets the image off perfectly! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card make me warm, I love it, the coloring is so perfect, it has a real feel to it. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring, Yuki! It gives the mug so much depth. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Great design and your coloring is amazing!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete