Monday, November 24, 2014

Snowboarding Card featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hi crafty friends! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thank you for all of the sweet birthday wishes ♥. I had a wonderful birthday weekend and am enjoying this beautiful Monday off from work.

Today's post features a super fun card I made using the Simon Says Stamp "Snow Gear" set. The moment I saw this set, I knew I wanted to replicate our snowboards. Snowboarding is one of our favorite winter activities and every winter we always board with one of our best friends. We call ourselves the "Triple Threat" lol. Here's a picture of us at the top of Mammoth Mountain, CA.


So to make an extra special card for our friend, I used the snowboard stamp to recreate our snowboards. Since I am by no means an artist, I simply tried to incorporate the colors and overall design elements of our snowboards. I did this by masking the center portion of the stamp with some washi tape. I used a Copic Multiliner pen to draw the designs and colored the boards with Copic Markers. I then used the coordinating die to cut them out and applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents. I let the boards sit over night to allow the Glossy Accents to completely dry.

For the background, I used the SSS "Falling Snow" stencil to apply a layer of Texture Paste to a piece of light blue cardstock. I used one of the hill dies from the SSS "Stitched Slopes and Hills" set to create a snowbank for the boards. I then heat embossed the sentiment directly onto the snow bank with Ranger "Liquid Platinum" embossing powder. To add a little extra silver to the card, I used the same embossing powder to heat emboss the edges of a piece of white cardstock in order to create a silver mat for the focal panel. to finish the card, I then mounted the focal panel onto a dark blue card base. 


I really love how the snowboards are the focus of the card. Since this card is for our friend, I tried to keep the overall design CAS and masculine. I hope today's card has inspired you to have fun with this new Simon Says Stamp stamp set. Thanks again for stopping by and see you soon! ♥

Supplies:
Copic Markers: C0, C2, C4, C6, T5, T7, Y32, Y35, YR12, YR14, YG00, YG01, YG03, B00, B02, B04, V15, V17, RV69, RV99,  

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card!! Love how you colored the snowboards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Yuki!! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! That is a fantastic card! The snowboards are wonderful! And brrrrr... that picture is awesome! What a fun sport! I love snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! Love this cool effect on these snowboards; so glossyyy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Yuki, great stamp customisation, it looks perfect and very artistic! I can't guess which board is yours though, maybe the White one? Have a Happy Thanksgiving and Birthday! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete