Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Snowman Window Card featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hi everyone! I've been seeing a lot of window cards lately and I finally decided to give this technique a try. For today’s card, I used the “Build a Snowman” set by SSS. This is such a cute and fun set and I had so much fun building my own paper snowman :).


I started off by creating the window panel. I created the window by using the 4 ½ x 3 ¼” stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn to partially die cut a rectangular opening. I then partially die cut the snowman and present using the coordinating dies. To complete the window, I simply used my X-ACTO knife to cut along the die cut portions. Creating the window panel was surprisingly quick and easy and only required a little bit of planning ahead of time. Once my window panel was done, I stamped my images. I stamped the present using SSS “Audrey Blue” dye ink and the snowman with My Favorite Things “Black Licorice” hybrid ink. To add some detail and dimension to the snowman, I colored him using Copic Markers.

Snowman: 0, B0000, B000, R20

Now it was time to actually build my snowman. I stamped his eyes and mouth directly onto the snowman using the same black ink. I stamped his remaining parts separately and die cut them out using the coordinating dies. I used SSS “Orange Peel” for the nose and SSS “Sea Glass” for the scarf and hat. I used my ZIG two-way glue pen to adhere the tiny parts onto the snowman. As a finishing touch, I added clear Wink of Stella to the scarf and hat and a light coat of Glossy Accents to his nose. For the present, I added the matching bow and also added another present stamped with SSS “Sea Glass.”

I used one of the hill dies from the “Stitched Slopes and Hills” die set by SSS. I just love how this set comes with stitched and non-stitched versions. I adhered the snow drift to the window panel using foam tape. For the background, I white heat embossed the sentiment and the smallest snowflake. I used Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire distress inks to create a winter night sky. To finish the card, I popped up my window panel using another layer of foam tape.

I had so much fun making this card and absolutely love how it came out. I hope you enjoyed today’s post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp “Build a Snowman” 
Simon Says Stamp “Build a Snowman” Coordinating Dies
Simon Says Stamp “Stitched Slopes and Hills”
Simon Says Stamp “Sea Glass” Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp “Audrey Blue” Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp “Orange Peel” Dye Ink
Lawn Fawn “Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables” 
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
Wink of Stella “Clear” Glitter Pen
Ranger Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire
Copic Markers: 0, B0000, B000, R20

7 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! I love your blended background and that snowman is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yuki, fabulous card as always! I predict your talents are soon to be recognised and rightly so! Thanks for swinging by my blog it's always fab to see you! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute card!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beatiful card! It seems like it wanna give me a warm hug hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your window card is awesome! The snowman is adorable and the background you created is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete