Monday, November 17, 2014

Ugly Sweater Notecard Set featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hello crafty friends! Too help ease the Monday blues, I have a cute and whimsical notecard set featuring the delightfully tacky sweaters from the “Ugly Sweater” set by Simon Says Stamp.


To begin the card, I did some creative masking for the sweaters to add a pattern behind the focal images. Since the shape of the sweater is pretty simple, it was actually pretty easy to make a mask for the inside portion. I simply used a post-it note and cut along the inside and used the negative portion for the mask. Once the backgrounds were stamped, I colored the sweaters using Copic Markers and cut the sweaters out using the coordinating die.


Santa Sweater: E000, E00, E11, R20, R24, R27, R46, YG13, YG17, G99, B0000, B000, C0
Deer Sweater: E35, E37, E42, W4, YG95, YG97, YG99, R46
Wreath Sweater: G05, G17, Y32, Y35, C2, C4, B91, B93, B97, R37, R39

Since I wanted the sweaters to be the focal point of the cards, I decided to keep the rest of the cards clean and simple. I used the 3 ½ x 2 ¼ stitched rectangles die by Lawn Fawn to die cut the focal panels. I then used coordinating Copic Markers to draw a border around the focal panels using the stitching as a guide. And because I couldn't decide on just one of the sentiments, I decided to stamp a different sentiment on each card using Versafine “Onyx Black” Pigment Ink. To assemble the cards, I used foam tape to adhere the focal panels onto 4-bar “Walnut” notecards by Lawn Fawn.  To finish the cards I added some extra finishing touches to the sweaters.




I hope you enjoy these ugly sweaters as much as I do. I just love how much fun they are to decorate and color, the possibilities are endless! Thanks again for stopping by and until next time! ♥

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp "Ugly Sweater"
Simon Says Stamp "Sweaters" Wafer Dies
Simon Says Stamp "Sweater Words & Appliques"
Lawn Fawn "Walnut" 4-Bar Notecards
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
My Favorite Things "Black Licorice" Hybrid Ink
Versafine "Onyx Black" Black Pigment Ink
Ranger Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella "Clear" Glitter Pen
Copic Markers: E000, E00, E11, E35, E37, E42, R20, R24, R27, R46, R39, Y32, Y35,YG13, YG17, YG95, YG97, YG99, G05, G17, G99, C0, C2, C4, W4, B0000, B000, B91, B93, B97, R37

8 comments:

  1. Those ugly sweaters are all so cute! I really like the patterns on the sweaters and the coordinating border along the edge! What a great way to ease the Monday blues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun stamp set and a great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! These are just so cute and so fun!! And you colored them spectacularly!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL so sweet mmmmm I can feel the warm and I can't stop thinking about Bridget Jones hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. BWA ha ha ha! Love these ugly sweater cards! They're actually far from ugly - they're all adorable!! Excellent coloring too!! So so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete