Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Walrus & Narwhal Winter Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Hi everyone! Today’s post features a card I made some time ago; unfortunately, I just had not gotten around to actually posting it (oopsies!). This fun card features the very cute Walrus and Narwhal from the “Critters in the Arctic” set by Lawn Fawn. I love that Lawn Fawn always thinks outside of the box when it comes to their critters… I mean seriously, a Narwhal? How cool is that?! :)



I started off by die cutting the background panel with the A2-sized stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn. To create my background, I masked off the stitched edges to create a white mat and I used Distress Inks to create an icy, arctic backdrop. I then colored the stamped images with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies.

Walrus: E42, E44, E47, W0, W2, R20
Narwhal: B000, C2, C4, C6
Iceberg: B0000, B000, B00

Once I made sure my distressed background was completely dry, I heat embossed the snowflakes with Ranger “Holographic” embossing powder and used Ranger “Liquid Platinum” embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment from the “Joy to the Woods” set. I die cut some vellum using the large stitched scalloped border die and used the negative portion to create the waves. I then tucked in all of the stamped images behind the vellum waves. To finish the card, I applied some clear Wink of Stella to the iceberg and Glossy Accents to the tusks of both critters.

I tried to keep this card relatively masculine and postage-friendly. I just love how the distressed background and vellum give the illusion of dimension without adding bulk. I hope you enjoyed today’s card featuring the very cute critters from the “Critters in the Arctic” set. Thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn “Critters in the Arctic”
Lawn Fawn “Critters in the Arctic” Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn “Joy to the Woods”
Lawn Fawn “Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables”
Lawn Fawn “Stitched Scalloped Borders”
Ranger “Liquid Platinum” Embossing Powder
Ranger “Holographic” Embossing Powder
My Favorite Things “Black Licorice” Hybrid Ink
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# Cardstock
Ranger Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella “Clear” Glitter Pen
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers
Copic Markers: E42, E44, E47, W0, W2, R20, C2, C4, C6, B0000, B000, B00

7 comments:

  1. this card is so pretty!! I love how you color these little critters!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yuki, your card is perfection! Beautifully distressed background with lovely subtle sparkle. How fab does that embossed greeting look?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! The background is gorgeous and the vellum waves are perfect! Such a cute scene! :)

    P.S. I hope you have a good birthday this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes :) !!

      Delete
  4. Oh the vellum waves are wonderful!! I love those cute little animals too! You always create such cute scenes!

    ReplyDelete