Friday, November 21, 2014

Winter Owl and Bunny Card featuring Lawn Fawn

Happy Friday everyone! I’m extra excited about this weekend because tomorrow is my birthday! And to celebrate, my boyfriend and I will be taking a trip up to Northern California/Bay Area this weekend. So to end the week on an extra happy note, I have another cute winter card featuring some of the other critters from the “Critters in the Arctic” set by Lawn Fawn.


To begin the card, I used the A2-sized stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn to create my background. I masked the edges to create a white mat and used Distress Inks to create my winter sky. I then used the SSS “Falling Snow” stencil to apply a layer of Ranger “Texture Paste” to my background. This is the first time I’ve ever used any sort of texture/embossing paste. I took advantage of the Ranger sale SSS had a few weeks ago and decided to give texture paste a try. The paste was easy to apply and dried rather quickly. However, one thing I did notice is the texture paste is not fully opaque. Therefore, the paste isn’t as vibrant up against the darker background. This didn’t really bother me and I actually kind of liked the soft white appearance. However, it is something to take into consideration if you’re unsure which type of paste to buy. Jennifer McGuire has a great video that compares texture paste and embossing paste (link to video). Once I finished my background, I colored the stamped images using Copic Markers and stamped the trees with SSS “Beanstalk Green” ink. I then cut them all out using the coordinating dies.

Rabbit: W0, W2, R20 G82, G85
Owl: W0, W2, W4, W6, R20, YR14, YR16
Log:

To create my winter scene, I used the stitched hillside border and forest border dies by Lawn Fawn. For the sentiment, I heat embossed the sentiment from the “Joy to the Woods” set onto a banner and adhered it directly onto the snowy background. As a finishing touch, I applied some clear Wink of Stella to the trees and Glossy Accents to the bunny’s scarf and the owl’s beak.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn “Critters in the Arctic”
Lawn Fawn “Critters in the Arctic” Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn “Joy to the Woods”
Lawn Fawn “Stitched Hillside Borders”
Lawn Fawn “Forest Border”
Lawn Fawn “Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables”
Mama Elephant “Bold Banner” Die
Simon Says Stamp “Falling Snow” Stencil
Ranger White Texture Paste
Ranger Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella “Clear” Glitter Pen
My Favorite Things “Black Licorice” Hybrid Ink
Simons Says Stamp “Beanstalk Green” Dye Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough
Copic Markers: W0, W2, W4, W6, R20 G82, G85, YR14, YR16

4 comments:

  1. way too cute! Love the scenery you designed and your coloring is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Your background with the distress inks and embossing paste is just amazing and of course I love the cute little LF animals! Hope you have a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday yukiii!!!! <3 I hope you are having an amazing b-day!!
    really love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete