Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Floral Birthday Card featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hi again! Today I have another post featuring two of the new exclusive Simon Says Stamp dies from their DieCember release. If you haven’t already, be sure to swing by the Simon Says Stamp Blog for more inspiration and to participate in their blog hop for a chance to win some great prizes!

 photo DieCembertrade-2014-600x600.jpg
My mom’s birthday is in two weeks and I thought the new “Calliope Flourish” die paired with the “Large Tag” die would make the perfect feminine birthday card.


I began the card by die cutting one of the large tags from Bazzill “Butter Mints” cardstock. I stamped the “Envelope Pattern” background stamp from Hero Arts using Hero Arts” Soft Vanilla” dye ink to create a soft, tone-on-tone background (unfortunately, it's not quite obvious in the photos).  I then colored the flower die using Copic Markers and adhered it directly onto the tag. I stamped the birthday sentiment from the “It’s Your Birthday” stamp set by Simon Says Stamp and finished the tag by adding a bow. I used the “Femme Frames” dies by Mama Elephant to create the background layers. I stamped one of the “Sentimental Borders” stamps by Mama Elephant using Simon Says Stamp “Audrey Blue” dye ink. I then die cut some vellum using the scalloped rectangle border and adhered it over the stamped background layer. And finally, to finish the card, I applied some clear Wink of Stella to the flowers.


This flower die is so pretty and versatile and I love that I can use this die for a variety of occasions. I hope you enjoyed today’s post and thanks again for stopping by! ♥

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp “Calliope Flourish”
Simon Says Stamp “Large Tags”
Simon Says Stamp “It’s Your Birthday”
Simon Says Stamp “Audrey Blue” Dye Ink
Mama Elephant “Femme Frammes”
Hero Arts “Envelope Patter” Background Stamp
Hero Arts “Soft Vanilla” Dye Ink
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Neenah Desert Storm 100# Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe “Butter Mints” Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe “Robin’s Egg” Cardstock
May Arts Natural Twine
Wink of Stella “Clear” Glitter Pen
Copic Markers: R01, R02, E43, E44, BV11, BV13, YG41, YG45

9 comments: