Tuesday, December 2, 2014

“Friendship has its perks” Coffee Card featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hi everyone! If you haven’t already heard, Simon Says Stamp is celebrating DieCember this month with a bunch of new exclusive dies! And I’ve been having a blast playing with some of their awesome new dies :).

 photo DieCembertrade-2014-600x600.jpg
For today’s card, I used the new “Tea for Three” die set. Although the name says tea, I couldn't help but think of coffee right away. I decided to use pair this die set with the “What’s Brewing?” set to make a quick and simple friendship card.


I created the focal panel by using the 4 x 2 ¾” and 4 ½ x 3 ¼” stitched rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn. I used the polka dot pattern paper from the “Snow Day” 6x6 paper pack for the mat and Bazzill “Butter Mints” cardstock for the focal panel. To create the border, I used the new bracket border die from Mama Elephant. I then I colored in one of the cute, fancy mugs using Copic Markers (G82, G85). And for the steam, I heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. To add dimension to the die cut pieces, I die cut them out 3 more times and glued all of the pieces together using my ZIG two-way glue pen.  I then heat embossed the sentiment from the “What’s Brewing?” set using WOW Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder. For the background, I heat embossed the dashed argyle backdrop from Lawn Fawn with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I die cut the background using the 5 x 3 3/4” stitched rectangle die and mounted it directly onto a grey cardbase.


And that’s my card for today. I hope you enjoyed today’s post and be sure to swing by the Simon Says Stamp blog for more inspiration! Thanks again for stopping by! ♥


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp “Tea for Three”
Simon Says Stamp “What’s Brewing?”
Lawn Fawn “Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables”
Lawn Fawn “Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables”
Lawn Fawn “Argyle Backdrops”
Lawn Fawn “Snow Day” 6x6 Paper Pack
Mama Elephant “Borderlines Trio”
Bazzill Card Shoppe “Butter Mints” 100# Cardstock
Bazzill Card Shoppe “Rock Candy” 100# Cardstock
Ranger “Liquid Platinum” Embossing Powder
WOW "Metallic Gold Rich" Super Fine Embossing Powder
Copic Markers: G82, G85

1 comment: