Monday, December 1, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #95 - White on White

Hello crafty friends! So I have some super exciting news I've been dying to share with you... ***drum roll*** .... I will be joining the Lawnscaping Facebook Inspiration Team!! Words cannot express how excited I was when I received the invitation. I absolutely love the Lawscaping Challenge blog and am looking forward to working with these wonderfully talented ladies.





So now onto the challenge... this Lawnscaping Challenge is all about creating a white on white project.

 photo 1530537_10202760985851581_1775628780_n.jpg
This fun challenge is sponsored by the super generous folks at Simon Says Stamp. The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate, so be sure to swing by the  Lawnscaping Challenge blog to play along!

Simon Says Stamp Store Blinkie photo SSS_09_2103_zpsc2c6b992.gif


This was quite a fun challenge and I definitely had to get creative on how to create a white monochromatic project that still had depth and dimension. I used vellum to create a shadow box-like card. To create the frame, I used the two largest stitched rectangle dies from the "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables" set by Lawn Fawn. I used "Milo's ABCs" and "Violet's ABCs" to create my custom sentiment. I thought this sentiment was just perfect for the theme of the challenge. I heat embossed the sentiment and pine trees from the "Snow Day" set with Ranger "Liquid Platinum" embossing powder. I then used the stitched hillside border die to create the snow drifts and the Forest Border die for the background.

I absolutely love how the silver embossing and vellum give an extra touch of elegance to an otherwise CAS card. Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥


Supplies:

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations Yukio on becoming part of the Facebook design team!! That is soo very exciting. And your card is absoutley gorgeous. Love the pop of silver with the white!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong!!! Silly auto correct!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning card!!! Wow!! Loooooove that frame you created!! The silver embossing and sentiment really make me happy too!! This is so beautiful and stunning!! Wow!!
    ps - a big huge puffy heart major congratulations on joining the FiT team! You deserve it and more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the super sweet words! =D

      Delete
  3. Oh congratulations!! I am so happy for you! You are such a perfect fit for the team! I always love seeing what you do with LF stamps! Your card is stunning! I just love the metallic trees and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Yuki! You did white on white so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats, Yuki!! I'm so glad that you're part of the FIT team! And I think you did an awesome job with this challenge! The silver embossed trees and sentiment looks perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news.....so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Yuki and very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're perfect for the team and I'm so happy for you!
    Well, of course, I ADORE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Yukari!!!!!! I'm so Happy for you, you inspire me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Yuki! So happy for you! Super sweet scene! Love how you created dimension with your shadow box and your custom sentiment is just perfect!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete