Monday, December 15, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #96 - Merry Christmas

Hi crafty friends! It's the second Monday of the month, so you know what that means.. it's time for a new Lawnscaping Challenge, woohoo! I seriously can't believe Christmas is literally right around the corner. So to celebrate, this challenge is all about Christmas-themed projects.

This challenge is sponsored by the super awesome folks over at Lawn Fawn. So be sure to swing by the Lawnscaping Challenge blog to play along!

 photo 1471170_10153586567915313_1865306489_n.jpg

 photo LawnFawnlogo.jpg

For this challenge, I made a cute Christmas card featuring the ah-dorable "Winter Penguin" from Lawn Fawn. I just absolutely love this little guy!


I started off by using Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire distress inks to create my winter sky. I used the "Forest Border" die to create my snowy scene. To give the illusion of ice, I die cut a piece of vellum using the "Stitched Hillside Border" die. I white heat embossed the cute heart image from the stamp set directly onto the vellum and then colored the back of the vellum with Tumbled Glass distress ink. I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the "Trim the Tree" set onto the frame from the "Sweater Weather" set and then heat embossed them both with Ranger "Liquid Platinum" embossing powder. I then die cut the frame using the coordinating die. I colored the penguin using Copic Markers and also cut him out with the coordinating die. I then mounted my entire winter science onto some pattern paper from the Pink Paisley "Solstice" 6x6 Paper Pack. To add interest to the cardbase, I used the medium "Stitched Scalloped Border" to die cut the edges of the cardbase.

Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Winter Penguin" Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn "Winter Penguin" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Trim the Tree"
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn "Sweater Weather" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Forest Border"
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Hillside Borders"
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Scalloped Borders"
Pink Paislee "Solstice" 6x6 Paper Pack
Copic Markers: T5, T7, C0, C2, R20, B91, B93, B97, Y32, Y35

8 comments:

  1. Super cute! That little guy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Yuki!! I really like how you made the vellum look like ice! So clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Yukari! The vellu with tumble glass is a great idea, look like ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, adorable and just overall beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so CUTE!! I love that penguin and it literally looks like he's off skating somewhere chilly!!! That sky is beautiful and so 'winter'!! And I loooooove those scalloped edges!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute card!! Love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card!! I love the blue sky and that adorable little penguin!!

    ReplyDelete