Friday, December 12, 2014

Monster-themed Valentine's Day Card featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hello again! This is my second post of the day. If you would like to see my post as Guest Designer for the Trendy Twine Blog click here.

Today Simon Says Stamp is revealing their Valentine's Day release called Better Together. I know it sounds crazy to even start thinking about Valentine's Day in December, however February is just right around the corner. I had the absolute pleasure of playing with the "Monster Hugs" stamp set. These monsters are just so cute and I love that you could use this set all year-round.


To begin my card, I created the main card panel by die cutting the scalloped frame die from the SSS "Frames" set out of purple cardstock and pattern paper from the "Let's Polka" 6x6 paper pack from Lawn Fawn. I added a purple scalloped circle and two banner strips of coordinating pattern paper from the same "Let's Polka" paper pack. I colored the two monsters using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I think the little boy monster is my favorite, his expression is just so cute!

Boy Monster: BG10, BG11, BG13, R81, R83, W2, W4, W6
Girl Monster: C0, C2, C4, C6, BV11, BV13, BV17, V01, V04

I stamped the sentiment onto pink pattern paper from the "Hello Sunshine" 6x6 paper pack from Lawn Fawn. I fussy cut the sentiment leaving a border. To make the sentiment stand out even more, I colored the outside portion with my R81 Copic Marker. I added clear Wink of Stella to the box, heart and sentiment. And then added a coat of Glossy Accents to the sentiment. To finish the card, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp Blog for the full reveal and more inspiration! ♥

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp "Monster Hugs" Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp "Monster Hugs" Coordinating Dies
Simon Says Stamp "Frames" Die Set
Lawn Fawn "Let's Polka" 6x6 Paper Pack
Lawn Fawn "Hello Sunshine" 6x6 Paper Pack
Pretty Pink Posh 6mm "Marshmallow" Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm "Sparkling Clear" Sequins

5 comments: