Friday, December 5, 2014

Snowman Christmas Card featuring Simon Says Stamp

Happy Friday crafty friends! Today I have another Christmas card featuring the super fun “Build a Snowman” set from Simon Says Stamp.


I started the card by creating my own stamped background using the different stamps included in the set. I then mounted my background panel directly onto a red cardbase. I stamped the Christmas sentiment directly onto the background panel using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink. And then I colored the snowman and Christmas lights using Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies.

Snowman: B0000, B000, R20
Christmas Lights: R24, R27, YG13, YG17, B02, B04

I adhered the snowman onto a snow drift I cut using one of the SSS “Stitched Slopes and Hills” dies. To add stability and dimension to the Christmas lights, I die cut the Christmas lights 3 more times and adhered them all together. I found this to be much easier than trying to fit tiny foam squares behind the thin die cut. I then applied a layer of Glossy Accents to the snowman’s carrot nose and Christmas lights. As a finishing touch, I added some red twine to the card and rounded the two right edges.

I hope you enjoyed today’s card and thanks again for stopping by! ♥


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp “Build a Snowman”
Simon Says Stamp “Stitched Slopes and Hills”
Simon Says Stamp “Sunshine” Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp “Sea Glass” Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp “Audrey Blue” Dye Ink
Simon Says Stamp “Green Apple” Dye Ink
Mama Elephant “Apple” Pigment Ink
Bazzill Card Shoppe “Peppermint” 100# Cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock
Pretty Pink Posh Red Twine
Ranger Glossy Accents
My Favorite Things “Black Licorice” Hybrid Ink
Versafine “Onyx Black” Pigment Ink
Copic Markers: B0000, B000, B02, B04, R20, R24, R27, YG13, YG17

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute snowman! The background that you created is so fun, too! I hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now I want that snowman set!! hehe! That card is adorable! Love how you stamped the background!! Sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete