Monday, January 5, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #97 - Winter Themed

Hi crafty friends! I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays! I'm finally back at work (boo), but to ease the Monday blues, I bring you a card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge (yay!). This Lawnscaping Challenge is inspired by winter-themed images from Pinterest. There is so much inspiration packed in these images and I cannot wait to see what you create!

 photo 10394792_10205213084312510_8671593932329896499_n.jpg

This Lawnscaping Challenge is sponsored by our amazing new sponsor Ellen Hutson. The winner will receive a $25 store credit!

 photo 10670086_10205367929906563_9109812701216931982_n-1.jpg
 photo 10644128_10205367929986565_1776454615638249851_o.jpg

For my card, I used the "Joy to the Woods" stamp set to create a cute winter-themed thank you card inspired by the Pinterest images. I used the A2 Stitched Rectangle die from the "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables" to cut my front panel from some light grey cardstock. I stamped the panel with the woodgrain background stamp from the "Woodgrain Backdrops" stamp set in SSS Fog dye ink and then distressed the edges with Pumice Stone distress ink. I then used one of the stitched square dies from the SSS "Stitched Squares" set to die cut a window out of my card panel.

I used the snowy bokeh-like pattern paper from the "Snow Day" 6x6 paper pack for my scene's backdrop. I then used the stitched hillside border dies to create the snow drifts. I colored the images using Copic Markers and then die cut them out using the coordinating dies. To finish the card, I die cut the "Scripty Thanks" die out of white cardstock three times and adhered the sentiment onto the woodgrain panel.

Fox: W2, W4, W6, R01
Cardinal: R37, R39 RV99, YR14, YR16
Birch Trees: W0, W2, W4
Holly: R37, R39, YG97, YG99


Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Joy to the Woods" Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn "Joy to the Woods" Coordinating Dies
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Hillside Borders"
Lawn Fawn "Woodgrain Backdrops"
Lawn Fawn "Snow Day " 6x6 Paper Pack
Simon Says Stamp "Stitched Squares"

8 comments:

  1. Soooo fun, I can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! I love the scene you created! And that 'Polaroid frame' out of the textured card stock is so cool! Wow! Just incredible!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow! Gorgeous card!! Love how you combined all those stamps and the "thanks" die!!
    FAB job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I really like how you framed the sentiment and added the holly branch in the corner! This is a perfect thank you card to send after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So absolutely adorable! Love the frame around that cute little winter scene! I have this set and haven't used it yet. I think I need to play along with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute winter scene! Really like how you used the frames and stitching to make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design I love the colours you used. Nice!

    ReplyDelete