Monday, January 19, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #98 - Create a Background

Hi crafty friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Today is the start of a new Lawnscaping Challenge, woohoo! This challenge is sponsored by the super awesome folks over at Lawn Fawn. So be sure to swing by the Lawnscaping Challenge blog to play along!

 photo 10612865_10205213088112605_6569905917873276207_n.jpg
 photo LawnFawnlogo.jpg

This challenge is all about using your stamps to create to create a background. Creating stamped backgrounds is so much fun and a great way to get more out of your stamps. For today's card, I combined the "Hedgehugs" and "Love You S'More" stamp sets to create a cute love/friendship card.


To create my background, I die cut a piece of SSS "Khaki" cardstock using the A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I masked the stitched edges and stamped the larger pine tree from the "Love You S'More" stamp set using SSS "Khaki" dye ink. I then distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I colored the hedgehogs and small heart with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies.

Hedgehogs: E30, E31, E43, E44, E47, R20
Heart: R37, R79

I die cut a piece of SSS "Olive" cardstock using one of the small stitched rectangle dies and then used the grassy border die to create some grass. I then white heat embossed the sentiment directly onto the grassy layer and adhered all of my images onto the background panel using foam tape. As a finishing touch, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and some Gold Sparkle twine.

I hope today's card has inspired you and I cannot wait to see what you create! Thanks again for stopping by and if you would like to see more wonderful inspiration, be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page! ♥

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Hedgehugs" Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn "Hedgehugs" Lawn Cuts
Lawn Fawn "Love You S'More" Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Grassy Border"
Lawn Fawn "Gold Sparkle" Single Cord Trimmings
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm "Mossy Green" Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh "Nature Mix" 

11 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwww....this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!! this is SOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!! i LOVE the trees you added for the background! and those lovable hedgehogs totally stole my heart!! i love them! and just AWESOME coloring! they're SO cute! the twine and the sequins are so perfect together to finish of the card, too! wow! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super adorable! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card!! Love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOH this is so absolutely adorable! I love the background you have created and the little hedge hogs are soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! Love this background ... it's totally fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, Yuki! Just so cute and adorable! And fabulous job on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so so cute! The background is perfect...such an adorable scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your inspiration Yuki. love the colors you select. Hedgehogs is a really difficult word for me hahahaha in spanish is erizo, so simple hahah but the sound of "dg" is a nightmare for me hahahahah I have to practice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this card is so cute Yuki!!! :)

    ReplyDelete