Friday, January 30, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge: January Blog Hop

Happy Friday everyone! Today is the last Friday of the month which means it's time for another Lawnscaping blog hop, woohoo! You should have arrived here from Suzanne's blog.

 photo 1947570_10205223940303903_6673017314301305329_n.jpg

We are so excited to announce that we have a NEW FIT blog hop sponsor this year! Please join me in welcoming The Ink Road to the Lawnscaping sponsorship family! The Ink Road is an adorable shop run by the fabulous Lara Smith. Her store is filled with all kinds of adorable crafty goodies from stamps (she carries our beloved Lawn Fawn) to dies to supplies to journals and planners. If she doesn't have it, she can get it. She also price matches... AND YES, she ships internationally. When you receive your order, you will smile because the packaging is absolutely adorable! Each order is filled from the creative heart! Be sure to check her out at her shop: click here and her blog: click here.

The winner of the FIT Team hop will receive a gift certificate to her adorable store!

 photo 10952285_10205846485550155_8273056748928508251_n.jpg
This month's blog hop is inspired by light blues. For my card, I used the super cute "Whale You Be Mine" stamp set to create a Valentine's Day card. I've had this set for a little while now and I've been dying to ink it up.

Lawnscaping January Blog Hop Card by Handmade By Yuki | Whale You Be Mine by Lawn Fawn

To create my card, I die cut my background panel using the A2-sized stitched rectangle die. I used Mama Elephant "Winter" pigment ink to stamp the chevron background stamp from the "Chevron Backdrops" stamp set. I die cut some light blue cardstock using the large stitched scalloped border die and kept the negative portion to use as waves. I then white heat embossed the sentiment directly onto one of the waves. For the focal panel, I stamped the wave from the "Life is Good" set and the whales directly onto a piece of cardstock I had die cut using a stitched circle die. I also stamped the heart in pink dye ink. I colored the focal panel using Copic Markers and then tucked the panel in between the two layers of waves. To finish my scene, I added some stitched cloud dies, Pretty Pink Posh sequins and some "Blue Berry" Trendy Twine.

Whales: B91, B93, R20
Ocean:  B12, B14, B16
Sky: B0000, B000

Thanks again for stopping by and remember to visit everyone else's blogs if you haven't already done so! Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

Yuki (you are here)


Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "Whale You Be Mine"
Lawn Fawn "Life is Good"
Lawn Fawn "Chevron Backdrops"
Lawn Fawn "Stitched Scalloped Borders"
Lawn Fawn "Small Stitched Circle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables"
Lawn Fawn "Spring Showers" Lawn Cuts
Mama Elephant "Winter" Pigment Ink
Hero Arts "Bubblegum" Dye Ink
"Blue Berry" Trendy Twine
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Marshmallow Sequins

41 comments:

  1. Like all the faux stitching of the dies. Like the scene. Like the waves.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene. Love the soft chevron background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whales and color so nice, thanks for sharing your great creation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your creativity is endless!!! I love your cards so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these whales & the waves are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! so sweet! love the soft colors and background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. Love the dimension you added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Yuki!!!! this card is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO CUTE!!!! Love those sweet little whales, the stitched clouds and the chevrons in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute scene, Yuki! I love all the details you put into this card! I like that you separate the whales and highlighted them using a circle. How awesome! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sweet scene, simply adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable, love your background, and those whales are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little card! I always love what you create Yuki! We have very much the same taste in stamps and card making!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Yuki this is AWESOME
    cute and I adore all the shades of blue on your card..really super cute card you made and love the scene too
    may I ask you where should I put my card if I want to join this Light Blues challenge..should I LIKE at Facebook only?Many thanks for your answer dear Yuki..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monika! Thank you for your sweet comments. This is just our blog hop where we share projects to inspire and give you guys the chance to win an awesome prize. Unfortunately, ther is no challenge associated with this blog hop, but a new Lawnscaping Challenge starts on Monday and you can play along with us then :). Have a great weekend! <3

      Delete
  15. Awww...these are so cute...love the added details, too!!! And the background paper couldn't have been any more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Fabulous card! I love all of the dimension and your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable!! LOVE your coloring and all the layering you did on this. Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely card and adorable scene! Love the shades of blue you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Squeee! So so cute!!! That layout is Fantabulous....LOVE it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the layers of blue! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great dimension created w/the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your card and the sketch is really nice too !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet card! Love the little blush on their cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Yuki, this card is absolutely amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. FAB card!! Love this sweet little scene! FUN design too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how cute!!! Beautiful mix of papers and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Yuki!!! eek So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodnesa... This is just too adorable!! Love those whales :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw, very sweet image Yuki! Love the stitched edging on the die cut pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice touches everywhere - the sequins, the cute pink heart, those clouds - love it!

    ReplyDelete