Thursday, January 22, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs DT Post - Lemur Shaker Card

Hi crafty friends! Today I'm over on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog with a super fun shaker card featuring the very adorable lemur from the new "Wild About Zoo" stamp set.

First off, how absolutely awesome is this little lemur?! I absolutely love the different types of critters included in this set! And I love how you can use these critters for all sorts of occasions and different types of projects.


To begin my card, I used stitched rectangle dies to create the frame for my shaker window. I reused a piece of sturdy packaging for the window and then stamped the birthday sentiment from "Simply Sentimental" using Staz On "Jet Black" ink. I colored the lemur using Copic Markers and fussy cut him out leaving a white border. To make sure the branch was long enough to tuck behind the frame, I extended the branch with my Copic Multiliner pen.

Lemur: N1, N2, W2, W4, W6, R01
Branch: YG97, YG99, E44, E47

For the background, I used Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks to create a tropical sunset. I then filled the shaker portion with various Pretty Pink Posh sequins and gold confetti. To add a little bit more interest to the front of the shaker, I adhered a few additional sequins directly to the front of the card and die cut two stitched leaves from dark green cardstock. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card as much as I do! I absolutely love how this card came out and I am just having a blast with this new stamp set. Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs Blog for more posts and inspiration! ♥

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful card! LOVE colours and leaves in the corners! Real scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaawesome shaker card!!!! Seriously! So cool! And I love that it would work for a guy too!!!!! Incredible! That little lemur is just so cute! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!!! I love the cute little lemur and your blended background is gorgeous! Such a cute shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun shaker card!! The bold colors of the background is just gorgeous and that little lemur poking out on the side is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful! I just LOVE the background and the fun shaker sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lemur and your card is adorable...can't get enough of shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete