Thursday, January 8, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Flash Challenge - Thank You Theme

Hi crafty friends! Today there's an Inky Paws Flash Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog. The theme is "thank you" and the challenge runs through Saturday, January 10th. And as a bonus, Newton's Nook Designs is offering a super cute free digi-stamp (pictured below). Click here to download the new digi-stamp.

 photo 10891833_10152869457791311_7039604562194944653_n.jpg
I used the Newton's Nook Designs "Versatile Vases" to create a feminine and more elegant thank you card. I've had this set for a little while and I've been dying to ink it up. It has so many pretty floral images and I love how you can really mix and match the different vases - they really are versatile! :)


I started my card by die cutting a tag-shaped window from purple cardstock. For the background of my window, I dry embossed a white piece of cardstock slightly larger than my window using a polka-dot embossing folder. I mounted the purple layer onto the white background using foam tape and matted both layers onto some light grey cardstock. I then colored the flowers using Copic Markers and fussy cut them out leaving a white border. I heat embossed the mason jar onto vellum using Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I also stamped the mason jar onto white cardstock using a light grey ink so that it wouldn't show through the vellum mason jar. I colored the white mason jar using Copic Markers to give the mason jar some added depth and dimension. I then fussy cut both mason jars and adhered all of the layers together, sandwiching the flowers in between both of the mason jars.

Flowers: V93, V95, Y00, Y02, YG41, YG45
Vase: B0000, B000, B00, C0, C2

I pieced together the thank you sentiment from the "Simply Sentimental" set and white heat embossed it onto a strip of the same light grey cardstock. As a finishing touch, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins, a bow at the top of the window and some clear Wink of Stella glitter to the flowers.

I hope you were inspired by my card and I cannot wait to see what you create! Don't forget to visit the Newton's Nook Designs Blog for more info and to see more amazing projects. Thanks again for stopping by! ♥

6 comments:

  1. This turned out gorgeous! I love the little metallic embossing on the jar - it adds just the right touch of sophistication to your card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a beautiful card! Love the purple and the cutout window!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the purple and the sequins give it the perfect touch! Lovely!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so pretty!! Love the purple-ness of it! And the mason jar with those flowers are so striking!!! This is gorgeous in every way!

    ReplyDelete