Friday, January 23, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #17 - Use a Heart Shape

Happy Friday! Today is the start of a new Inky Paws Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, this month's challenge is all about using a heart shape. You'll have two weeks to play along and the winner will win a $10 store credit to the Newton's Nook Designs Online Shop.

 photo NNDIPC_17_Heart.png

For my card, I used the adorable new "Newton Dreams of Paris" stamp set to create a cute love scene. To stick to the theme of the challenge, I added some die cut hearts to embellish my love scene.


I started off by die cutting my focal panel using a stitched rectangle die and then white heat embossed the Eiffel Tower onto the upper right-hand corner. I used a post-it note to create a mask for my hill. And to leave a white mat around my panel, I also lined the stitched edges with painters tape. For the sky, I used Tumbled Glass and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks and then I used Old Paper and Shabby Shutters for the hill. I then colored Newton using Copic Markers and fussy cut him out leaving a white border. Doesn't he just look so adorable wearing a little beret?

Newton: YR12, YR14, T3, T4, T5, W0, W2, W4, R01
Beret & Scarf: C0, C2, C4, E42, E43

I then matted my focal panel onto a piece of pattern paper from the Fancy Pants "True Friend" 6x6 Paper Pack I had die cut using a larger stitched rectangle die. I die cut some matching grey pattern paper from the same collection using a scalloped frame die. I stamped the super sweet sentiment from the same set onto a small banner. And then I adhered one end behind a large heart I had die cut from the same grey pattern paper. To make the banner wavy, I spaced out little pieces of foam tape behind the banner. To finish my card, I die cut three little hearts from the same grey pattern paper and adhered them over Newton using small glue dots. And then as a finishing touch, I added some sequins.

I hope today's card has inspired you and I can't wait to see what you create! Visit the Newton's Nook Designs Blog for more details and inspiration. Thanks again for stopping by! ♥

11 comments:

  1. Such a soft & pretty card Yukari! I really love how you colored Newton and how you masked that hill - I never would have guessed it was masking, it looks terrific! ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, I LOVE this! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and cute! I love how the cat was colored! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just Precious!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is just as cute as it can be!! I love the way you created the background with your distress inks, and yes Newton looks adorable with the little beret!! Have a wonderful weekend Yuki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love how you colored that sweet cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you colored Newton into a calico cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!! Love the colors you used and the way you colored Newton is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card! I love the calico coloring, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, absolutely fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love how you coloured Newton x

    ReplyDelete