Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs January Release Day 1

 photo NND_Release_Jan15.png

Hi crafty friends! Today is Day 1 of Newton's Nook Designs January 2015 release. Today's reveal is the super adorable new set called "Wild About Zoo."  I absolutely adore all of the new critters and punny sentiments in this set. Even though this is a Valentine's-themed set, I can totally see myself using this set year-round.

 photo NND_WildAboutZoo_PKG.png

For today's post, I made two cards that showcase the versatility of this set. Both cards can be given anytime throughout the year and would make great love/friendship cards.


For my first card, I was inspired by the super cute zebra and decided to stick to the black and white color theme. I colored the zebra using Copic Markers and fussy cut him out, leaving a white border. I white heat embossed the sentiment and die cut it out using a Spellbinders die. I used a black and white heart pattern paper for the background and mounted it onto some grey cardstock. I die cut a piece of vellum using a grassy border die and tucked my zebra behind the vellum grass. To finish the card, I dry embossed the cardbase using a chevron embossing folder and added some black and white twine.



For my second card, I decided to make a more feminine card using the cute elephant. Like the zebra, I colored the elephant using Copic Markers and fussy cut it out leaving a white border. I die cut a stitched tag from some pattern paper and a little hill from some light grey cardstock. I mounted the elephant onto the tag using glue dots for some subtle dimension. I then white heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and tucked the vellum behind the tag. I added a bow at the top of the tag and a few matching sequins. I used a piece of coordinating pattern paper for the background panel and adhered all of my layers onto a scalloped cardbase. 




Would you like to win “Wild About Zoo”? 

This set will be given away to TWO lucky winners!

Here's how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, January 15th at 9pm CDT to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 16th.


41 comments:

  1. All your cards are adorable!! I really like these!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable Yuki! I especially like the petite hearts and vellum grass on your sebra card and your beautiful coloring of the sweet little elephant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be ZEBRA, not sebra, sigh... So glad to have you on the team with us! <3 ~ Meredith

      Delete
  3. Oh what a cute stamp set and your cards are absolutely adorable!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice stamp set. I would like to win this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute cards..love the bold black and white zebra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two sweet cards! Love the new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards. Especially love the elephant!! ♥ Fantastic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cards and super cute stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving these guys! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of your cards! I am really excited about this set and can't wait to see what you guys come up with tomorrow because I know that I am going to be in love with that set too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so talented. I love your cards ♥
    Through you the stamps come much more to retribution. Awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute--I like the black and white color combo for the zebra card and the heart paper for the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. Love the pastel one better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Yukiiiiiii these cards are amazing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so so so adorable!! These cards are just darling!!! Love the differences and how one is striking in b&w and the other is soft and sweet in pink!! Sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of the black and white with the zebra.
    The elephant card is my favorite. Love elephants.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them both, but the B&W one is perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my both cards are beautiful indeed <3 thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, they are both so different but so fun. I love B&W, it's adorable, and the elephant with the hearts too! TFS nance459 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your black and white zebra card is awesome. Very unique and I like that. I really like the tag on your other card too. I'm thinking the elephant is my favorite on this set. He is adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both are so cute and pretty! I love the way you used the vellum on both. Great stamp sets!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so cute! Both are great but there is just something that gets me with that elephant, the tag and the pinks and pastels. I love it the most!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards! They are both so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really love both of your cards awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute cards! Love the black and white design

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both cards are soo sweet! Love how you kept the zebra card all black and white. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are adorable but I just luv that zebra card

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE all these cute animals!
    I think the zebra is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the zebra!! Perfect decision to stick with black and white! It's gorgeous! And your elephant tag is just precious! Love the sweet little heart background paper! <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazingly cute and cool cards!! I am in love with this sat and you have used it to make two really fantastic cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What's white and black and cute all over...your card is all of that and more! Love it! Also the cute "elfant" is darling! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. TWO awesome cards. I love how different they are. The first one is amazing with the contrasting black and white! The second one is so sweet and pretty with the pastels! Really shows the versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the black and white for the zebra card and the colors for the elephant card. Both are so adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the cards you made. They are both super cute.

    ReplyDelete