Thursday, January 15, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs January Release Day 2

 photo NND_Release_Jan15.png

Welcome back to Day 2 of Newton's Nook Designs January 2015 release! Today's reveal is "Newton Dreams of Paris." I seriously almost died of cuteness when I first saw this set! This is set is just so cute and I absolutely adore the cute images and scripty sentiments.

 photo NND_NewtonDreamsofParis_PKG.png

For my card, I used the hot air balloon images to create a cute sky scene. I colored the images using Copic Markers and fussy cut them out. I stamped the images again directly onto my card panel and paper pieced the colored portions. I distressed the edges of the main panel using Old Paper distress ink. I then used a cloud die to create two layers of clouds, one out of white cardstock and one from vellum. I stamped the sentiment using SSS Smoke dye ink and stamped the little heart outline using Mama Elephant "Winter" pigment ink. I then distressed the edges of the white cloud layer using Old Paper and Tumbled Glass distress inks. As a final detail, I white heat embossed the cloud image onto vellum three times and fussy cut them out. I adhered the vellum clouds onto the card overlapping some of the images to create some added depth and dimension.

I absolutely love how this card came out! Even though it's a relatively flat (and postal-friendly) card, the layers of vellum add so much dimension. I cannot begin to express how absolutely in love I am with this set, it's just so cute and versatile. I hope you were inspired and don't forget that both sets are available for purchase tomorrow! ♥



Would you like to win “Newton Dreams of Paris”? 

This set will be given away to TWO lucky winners!

Here's how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, January 15th at 9pm CDT to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 16th.


38 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! Love this new Newton set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card luv ur sky and clouds it makes the image pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used vellum and the greys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the way you did the cloud dies on here and the colors for your card are so pretty. Great new set of stamps.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the set! Your fussy cut vellum clouds finish it off just perf!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh just a darling card! I love the grey background and the fluffy clouds with that cute kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Fantastic coloring and I just love the soft gray background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft color palette you used here and fussy-cutting heat-embossed vellum??? WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and the dimensions are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the coloring. The balloons glow like they do when they have the evening rides.
    Beautiful.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, your coloring is fantastic. Love the little white clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is just fabulous!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the vellum clouds!!! Such an adorable image and wonderful card!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card love how you used the cloud dies to further this hot air balloon theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SWEET & Playfully C U T E !!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking card with
    the velum clouds!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so soft and sweet! Love all the vellum details! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the clouds and the new stamp set. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet scene! Love the soft colors you used, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous design!!! Love the touch of vellum too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are right - vellum DOES create dimension and keep cards postage friendly - how smart you are! I love how soft this pretty card looks! ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  21. GORGEOUS - love the soft colors - you have created a lovely scene and made me want to be in it!! What a fantastic card maker you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card I would love to win this set +++

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful card! I love the way you did all the clouds,they look so cool!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those embossed clouds on vellum...so fun! I love that this balloon is floating so high in the sky! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't see my comment I thought I left earlier but I am in love with your card and the vellum and everything about it! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. simply beautiful! I love the soft colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome design! Love the beautiful soft colors and the addition of the vellum clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sweet! I love the vellum clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am totally flat by seeing this darling and cutest creation!! Love each and everything you did in it, just love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow... lovin the use of the vellum on your card! Great depth and colours Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  31. all I can say is wow this is so awesome love everything about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing! This card is fabulous. I can't belive you fussy cut those vellum clouds.

    ReplyDelete